New from Tallahassee, Florida

Experience so far

Hello,

I bought a chineese motor kit and know I've wasted money on better things but can't think of what at the moment.

I had to replace the stock clutch cable with a custom make from a bike shop and use the existing hand brake lever on my bike to get an easier to pull clutch. I also had to modify the clutch lever (the one on the engine) because the head of the little screw that holds the cable in place broke. So I drilled it out and re-tapped with a 10-32, also put a locking nut under the bolt head to lock it in place. Then, I broke the clutch operating shaft while tightening the acorn nut that holds the clutch lever in place. I wasn't overtightening these items they were just cheap metal. (I'm an mechanical engineering tech. so I work with my hands/tools for a living) Anyway, I'm still getting trying to get the chain aligned properly, so I haven't even broken the engine in yet.

I don't have high hopes for this thing. And living Florida we have sand everywhere so I expect things to wear out quickly. Mostly I expect the crankshaft seal and or bearing to go as sand accumulates behind the drive gear. i thought about making some kind of chain cleaner to mount on the chain, but I'm not sure I want to spend the energy on this POS!

Sorry for the less than cheery response.

Enjoy the rain this weekend!

Hello from Tampa Bay Florida..I have a 48cc motor from Kings ,sounds like its fallin apart but after 50 miles its running good....replace any/all bolts that take any stress. I am working on getting a good set of tires now...I think the Armidillo Hemispheres

Last edited:
Back