Need some advice on a build.

My board is handmade by 9 ply Baltic birch plywood 😆

It's really flexible, and I prefer that. The flex yields a cooshy ride and helps the wheels bounce over road debris.
My boards were made outta 3/4" Maple with a pointed nose and a kick tail
Layer ply flex boards weren't invented yet they were all a strong flexible fiberglass made by custom shops

I see were off topic, Oops,

It really just comes down to your budget. I would look at upgrading the front forks to a set that has a disc brake bracket, and running a cable pulled hydraulic front disc wheel setup with the rear staying as a rim brake.
Cheapest is to just get new wheels in 650b with drum brakes so that I can keep the fork and not have a franken bike, which is still a pretty penny for what is basically a toy.

I like the idea of a weather proof non motorized bike build using an aluminum fixie frame for sporty handling and using smaller wheels so I can have full fenders. So it wouldn't be a complete loss if I decide I don't like shifter bikes either.

I disassembled my motorized bike because I didn't enjoy riding a single speed motorcycle. I wrote before that the 50cc engine did very well, and I still believe that but no matter the power I will always be disappoint with only one speed.

I do believe this chicago schwinn frame with the drum brakes and a 3 speed hub would look great and do what I want: cruise around 20mph with adequate braking and keep the engine at peak torque at a variety of grades.

Cheapest is to just get new wheels in 650b with drum brakes so that I can keep the fork and not have a franken bike, which is still a pretty penny for what is basically a toy.

I like the idea of a weather proof non motorized bike build using an aluminum fixie frame for sporty handling and using smaller wheels so I can have full fenders. So it wouldn't be a complete loss if I decide I don't like shifter bikes either.

I disassembled my motorized bike because I didn't enjoy riding a single speed motorcycle. I wrote before that the 50cc engine did very well, and I still believe that but no matter the power I will always be disappoint with only one speed.

I do believe this chicago schwinn frame with the drum brakes and a 3 speed hub would look great and do what I want: cruise around 20mph with adequate braking and keep the engine at peak torque at a variety of grades.
Riding a single speed mb is fun, but I do agree that riding with gears is more desirable in certain areas. In my town my single speed is perfect because it will go as fast as it needs to. However I love to ride offroad with multiple gears, so I'm trying to find a good dirt bike for a good price to ride trails with a friend.

Riding a single speed mb is fun, but I do agree that riding with gears is more desirable in certain areas. In my town my single speed is perfect because it will go as fast as it needs to. However I love to ride offroad with multiple gears, so I'm trying to find a good dirt bike for a good price to ride trails with a friend.
I live in a very hilly town

I found a solution: use the drum brake hub up front, rim in the back an keep the original rims and tires. Only spend around $100 and I could do the rear the same way: 50 for the hub and 55 for the shop's labor. Not free but if I stop drinking or getting fast food for a month or two it wont matter. (More often than not 20 a week on both combined, I usually get a McChicken two times a week and a 12 pack of stag once a week, which my dad and sister drink most then complain that its not Yuengling or Bud Heavy.)

No cables, chains or brakes but I think it'll still be handsome with all the horse hockey on it.

Gonna have a freewheel sprocket with a crank welded on it to start the engine. Thinking about fabbing up a foot brake for the rear but with an equivalent 60.45 tooth sprocket in the lowest gear and a 2 horse engine I should be fine without pedals.(even with the clutch fully engaged( thats pulled in right?) it still feels like you're fighting a brake.)

Attachments

• 20230722_154607.jpg
    20230722_154607.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 65
Back