New Grubee Skyhawk fitment issues

I believe i also mentioned that the chain really should have been changed as well because after jamming up the way it did, i suspected it to be damaged and may now also have its own "twist" to it that would knock things out of "true" as well...DAMIEN

The motor has to turn when the clutch lever is released. If not, then it won't start. Maybe take the rear wheel off and try truing the sprocket again. When you spin the wheel, the sprocket shouldn't have more than 1/8" deviation.
Well hopefully I'll have the 44 tooth back on in a few days. I'll try to make sure it has no deviation and see what happens.

Just one more reason why i also mentioned the spring tensioner as well...plus the fact that you need to make sure that everything is running "true" and in alignment with each other thats mentioned in the installation instructions i gave you earlier...DAMIEN

Like I asked before...why did everyone swear spring tensioners were terrible a few years ago? Lots of people were saying they allowed too much misalignment and slack.

I believe i also mentioned that the chain really should have been changed as well because after jamming up the way it did, i suspected it to be damaged and may now also have its own "twist" to it that would knock things out of "true" as well...DAMIEN
I checked it and there wasn't much damage at all. Also laid it out and saw there was no twist.

Like I asked before...why did everyone swear spring tensioners were terrible a few years ago? Lots of people were saying they allowed too much misalignment and slack.
Personally i dont care what others have said...I was an ASE certified master mechanic before retirement 10 yrs ago...They DO NOT allow slack...they do the opposite by keeping constant tension...Im out of this discussion as of now as i find im repeating myself to deaf ears...DAMIEN
Ive run mine for many years with the spring tensioner with zero problem!

combination of not changing damaged chain and not tightening things adequately...find a friend that has mechanical knowledge to teach you...im done here...DAMIEN
Alright, thanks for the help! I wasn't trying to run you off, just wanted to know why people were so deadset against them.

I had a good look this morning and the rear tire is 26x1.95...that is a pretty thick tire. If all else fails, could I just switch to a smaller size?
I have 26x195 tires and get about 1/4" clearance.
Take a straightedge across the rear sprocket towards the drive. Does the engine sprocket align with the rear sprocket?

...find a friend that has mechanical knowledge to teach you...im done here...DAMIEN
^^^^This^^^^. Building and keeping these things running does take an amount of mechanical ability.
Find someone to help you.

I have 26x195 tires and get about 1/4" clearance.
Take a straightedge across the rear sprocket towards the drive. Does the engine sprocket align with the rear sprocket?
I'll give that a try tomorrow.
^^^^This^^^^. Building and keeping these things running does take an amount of mechanical ability.
Find someone to help you.
For sure, I focused more on belts instead of chains in school so I'm going to get my uncle to help. He's been a millwright for years and I'm just starting off so hopefully he'll be able to teach me some good lessons on this build.

Back