New Here/ First Bicycle Engine

Thank you for clarifying, I wasn’t sure what type of hone would be best for a 2 stroke, though having used the stone type it would have been my choice just based on the fact I know how to use one.
If you buy a rigid hone, try & buy 1 with 2-3" long stones.

If you buy a rigid hone, try & buy 1 with 2-3" long stones.
I just ordered one that will fit and I did get the longest stones, think they are just under 2 inches 1.9” I think.
I’m really looking forward to getting everything done and put back together so I can get started on break in.
I also ordered a new piston stop 14mm, a spare ngk plug gasket set, and a mz65 clone.
Still looking for a brake set.

The cylinder is OK. It shows it isn't broken in yet with the machining marks.

The cylinder is OK. It shows it isn't broken in yet with the machining marks.
So it’s ok to run it how it is with those spots being a bit more scratched/ roughed up than rest of the sleeve?
My hone just showed up the other day, I haven’t had a chance to do anything else with the engine so it’s still in the condition in the picture.

So it’s ok to run it how it is with those spots being a bit more scratched/ roughed up than rest of the sleeve?
My hone just showed up the other day, I haven’t had a chance to do anything else with the engine so it’s still in the condition in the picture.
If it's a steel sleeve cylinder run a rigid hone up & down it about 10 times, that will get rid of lines in the cylinder wall. Make sure to thoroughly clean it. When you think its clean clean it a couple more times.

If it's a steel sleeve cylinder run a rigid hone up & down it about 10 times, that will get rid of lines in the cylinder wall. Make sure to thoroughly clean it. When you think its clean clean it a couple more times.
Hoping to get to it tonight, if not tomorrow sometime. I’ve honed cylinders on Chevy v8 so shouldn’t be any harder than that.
At least on this I don’t have to worry about bottoming out the hone on bottom of the block

Hoping to get to it tonight, if not tomorrow sometime. I’ve honed cylinders on Chevy v8 so shouldn’t be any harder than that.
At least on this I don’t have to worry about bottoming out the hone on bottom of the block
No you will be fine, I just honed mine & cleaned the jagged ports up, & it runs real good!

Back