new here my jc higgins needs engine

Personally, I agree with Esteban. Motorizing that bicycle would be a shame. That said, just off-hand I can't think of any American made 4 stroke engine that would fit that frame without serious modification.

I, too, am quite curious - please tell us more about that Delahaye you modified.

we pulled it out of a barn back in the 70's in san jose califas.it was buried in newspapers garbage ect ect. the old man who lived there died about 4 months before his people came and took some old cars he had laying around and things from the the house ect ect ect. left everything else. the barn was filled with garbage .we started digging threw it and found an old pistol that made us dig harder. on the second day we uncovered the top of of a convertible windshield we kept digging right down into the interior. the pink slip ect was in the glove box dated 1946 last registerd 1939 delahaye.
it took us a couple day to dig out the rest of the car. we were amazed by the full length fender skirts front and back.it took us 2 more days to get it home. we worked on it for 3 months .couldn't get the engine running .somehow we fit a slant 6 dodge dart engine and tranny into it with some aztec ingenuity and a welding torch. we stoled from our high school shop class.installed hydrallics suspension primered the bad boy put some 6.00 skinny truck tires on it with gangster whitewalls .got it registerd and were ready to crusie eastside san jose ( story and king) we drove it about a week. were putting gas one day and this old gabacho stops jumps of his car .comes running at us like he's having a heart attack. started looking at the car like he was in shock. asked us how much we wanted for it . we said it wasn't for sale.he pulled out his wallet.he had about a grand i said thats cool were keeping the carucha.. he said how much do you want . i said joking 8 grand . he said follow me to the bank. which we did where he handed us the money.the next day came in a truck to pick up the engine. we were all drunk partied half the night with homegirls smoking pcp ect ect. i bought 3 cars that week with my share of the money . a 64 impala, a 1957 buick roadmaster convertible, and a 61 convertible.we were all laughing for weeks at the british chap who gave us 8000 doller for something we pulled out of the garbage it wasn't till years later that i realized what we had.and let slip threw our hands. that was 1979 the best summer of my life.the years got hard after that.( i guess the good times make the boy and the bad times make the man)those were the days

Last edited:
Back