New member from Texas

clexton1

Local time
7:21 AM
I'm a new member and soaking up as much information as I can. I have a '54 ladies Schwinn Panther that I bought for parts and was about to get rid of it when I came across this forum. After seeing all the great work, I decided to turn it into a boardtrack style bike and install a motor. I'm almost done with the bike but still need to decide on what motor to use. Here is a before and after; stretched, lowered, and built a tank and toolbox. I've got a Monark springer and Brooks saddle on the way to finish it off.

Paul

Attachments

• 3k23m03p05Y45R55S1a65a77b257f7ac51ad2.jpg
    3k23m03p05Y45R55S1a65a77b257f7ac51ad2.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 94
  • DSC02397.jpg
    DSC02397.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 97
Very very nice. I would hate to see a simple two-stroke on that. A member here that would give better direction than I could is @Quenton Guenther .....it would be cool to see a whizzer motor from the same year as the frame on it. There are many others, he was just first to pop into my mind.

Thanks guys.
Stan4d, I agree, my first choice would be a Whizzer motor, it would fit the best with the style and fill that big hole in the middle. But the cost may force me to go with a simple 2 stroke unless I can find a real deal.
Paul

Lifan may also be an option.....but if you exceed the 50cc here it is considered a motorcycle, so a 2 stroke may be the way to go....for now.

Hi clexton1,

Welcome to MBc

Great looking bike!

You might consider a 49 CC 4-stroke motor.

Many 49 CC 4-strokes maintain the vintage look [Service cycle, Cushman, etc]

PM me if you want information on using a Whizzer motor [vintage or new edition]

Have fun,
Quenton

Back