New Member in Scottsdale Arizona

rattlerviper

Local time
1:13 PM
Not exactly new to Motorized bikes though. Bought a HT kit 4 months ago and boy has it been a wild ride. Breaking down alongside the road on a regular basis, carrying spare parts and a tool kit. Constant repairs and upkeep. I'm done with the HT motors.

Today I ordered a BMP friction drive kit and will be getting a honda, suburu or misubishi engine to go along with it. I need to have a certain amount of reliability.

I will admit the HT has been fun though. I don't consider it wasted mone because I know I like a motorized bike now and learned a lesson pretty cheaply.

Sounds like your introduction to motored bikes was a wee bit rocky (but I think you had a good learning experience, tho.) So, welcome to the Forums here at MBc. You will find a lot of talent here. For what it is worth, I am partial to the Robin-Subaru 4-Stroke, EH035. I have mine mounted on a pretty heavy Delta Trike and it runs like a champ, and doesn't miss a stich.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Bill me and my riding buddy don't make it out to fountain hills....The hill that leads up to it is scary...lol. I use to work at the Fry's at the top of that hill and rode a pedal bike there daily...13.7 miles each way. I can't imagine a motor making it up that hill....And I can't imagine pedaling a bike with a motor on it up that hill. Someday I am gonna have to give it a try though.

Welcome to the forum. Sorry your first motorbike gave a lot of trouble. I enjoyed many long pedal rides on the path along the Indian Bend Wash when I lived in Arizona.

Back