New vs old HT gas petcock

mountain80

Local time
2:53 AM
Just wondering, i saw 2 different kinds of petcocks, the new cast metal and the older style brass valve. My mtb fell over and broke the lever so I ended up using a hacksaw and cutting a slit in it and i keep a filed penny on my key ring to shut it off. I kind of liked the looks of the brass valve style, is it reliable and sturdy more so than the new style, any opinions are appreciated as Im shopping for a new one soon.

Cheers

Rain City

Local time
1:53 AM
Just wondering, i saw 2 different kinds of petcocks, the new cast metal and the older style brass valve. My mtb fell over and broke the lever so I ended up using a hacksaw and cutting a slit in it and i keep a filed penny on my key ring to shut it off. I kind of liked the looks of the brass valve style, is it reliable and sturdy more so than the new style, any opinions are appreciated as Im shopping for a new one soon.

Cheers

The brass one has never failed me after tightening it properly, I ordered it from livefastmotors. The guy on the phone is super nice, he didn't even have me do a credit card transaction, just asked that I send in a few dollars in the mail. Pretty cool. :devilish:

H

HoughMade

That brass petcock looks better quality than the cast valve I was supplied with. However, I use a Honda engine with a built in fuel valve. The petcock is now the valve for my oil drain. Since it will only be used raely with oil changes, I'll keep it.

Pablo

Vendor
Local time
1:53 AM
There are higher quality alternatives out there without breaking the piggy bank:

Attachments

• Valve.jpg
    Valve.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 168