Next 2 stroke build idea.

With a little fab work I bet you could make a split sprocket adapter, in 420 chain you can find at least a 68T.

You could also just make a simple jackshaft to increase the ratio.

With a little fab work I bet you could make a split sprocket adapter, in 420 chain you can find at least a 68T.

You could also just make a simple jackshaft to increase the ratio.
I do love the idea of a split sprocket adapter, even for other applications. I am honestly surprised there isn't one out there already.

I honestly think one of these will be my next build too. If I can't get my hands on a decent priced whizzer engine that is. Maybe I could also build a steel tank frame from scratch too 🤔
I was looking for whizzer engines too for a time. Not the easiest things to find for cheap. Granted, these little clone ktm 50cx engines aren't exactly budget friendly. 350 to 450 bucks after shipping., but still half the price of the other engine I want to try and use (Lifan AX100 clone). That does at least have a transmission included lol. Also much heavier.

I do love the idea of a split sprocket adapter, even for other applications. I am honestly surprised there isn't one out there already.
That's what I've been thinking of too. See them on carts but just not enough room on a bike to fit it in. I'd guess it could be incorporated into a jack shaft but the space and added complexity make it difficult to come up with.

That's what I've been thinking of too. See them on carts but just not enough room on a bike to fit it in. I'd guess it could be incorporated into a jack shaft but the space and added complexity make it difficult to come up with.
A spider that bolts to the disc brake mount may work. Laser cutting from send cut send would be the cheapest but someone that's good with cad would have to mock it up.

Can't wrap my head around cad.

A spider that bolts to the disc brake mount may work. Laser cutting from send cut send would be the cheapest but someone that's good with cad would have to mock it up.

Can't wrap my head around cad.
Cad takes alot of trial and error to get the hang of. Eventually I hope to have myself a small cnc mill and a plasma cutting table.

There are several open source options for CAD programs on Ubuntu. I haven't delved into any yet.
I suppose before I buy a 3D printer or CNC machine I'd better start with learning the software. Cura looks like a good open source slicing software for basic 3D printing.

Back