Fuel Mixture Oil to Gas Ratio Help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I run opti-2 at 32:1 & shes a smoker at that ratio, I'm probably wasting money but I know it's getting what it needs for oil.

Grew up punching tops of cans with a spigot sae 30... In the late 80's I bought an 83 kx 250 and the guy I bought it from used bell ray in everything... It was a night and day difference doing the transmission on the bike I had oil left over and put it in a Briggs lawnmower and it was years before it started to get dark... The older guys would cringe at 40:1 everything was 16- 24:1 and it was cheap... Only racers used the good stuff... After a summer of fishing we put the leftover gas for the out board in the truck... When I put the leftover bell ray stuff in anything it loved it the conventional no difference... Today maxima castor blend is the best of both worlds... Too bad you cant get good gas from the 80's to run it with... $1 a gallon gas then is $14+ for the same leaded 100 today... Tires got better at the same time... Go to a tire shop and bring a truck load of tube type split rim wheels to get mounted and balanced... See what they do lol...

We nooo...40-1 cradle to grave man!!
You picked the wrong post to reply to...If you noticed the date code on his post, you will notice it was 11 years ago in 2011...He hasn't been seen on the forums since 2012...Look for date codes that are on each and every post in future...lol.

Ps...Most of us here recommend a 32:1 ratio in almost every case...Why be chintzy on the oil protection???

Moderators Note: Edited today, May 23rd, 2022:
This thread is now locked after two people have both picked the same first post from 2011 and quoted and replied to the member who hasn't been here for eleven years, despite the fact that I posted this post in the white letters above, you can plainly read that it says just that and the warning was still ignored, one of the two, (The one quoted above), reposted the same thing a second time, immediately right after I deleted it and then cussed me out for deleting it again...That of course is not being tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back