OIl

I run the oil I do for more power
I am always amazed at the power of marketing. Even if the oil in question managed to free up power over a conventional 2 cycle oil it wouldn't be enough for you to actually tell the difference. Heck I will even be generous and say that oil of yours offers a 10% boost in power (that's the most optimistic figure in the world too) which means if your generic 2 stroke engine makes 2hp it now offers up 2.2hp.

Just to put things into perspective as to how little .2hp means we can look at how much power it would take to overcome the aerodynamic forces to make your bike go twice as fast as it's current top speed. Ignoring rolling resistance since it is a constant we can strictly look at the aerodynamic forces on you and your bike which is the square of the velocity and that force is encountered over a distance in proportion to the velocity. In simple speak that means taking the energy to the third power to double the velocity.

So if it takes 2 hp to make your bike go 25mph (on level ground with static air) it would take 8hp to go 50mph.

I also want to emphasize that a 10% gain in power from just an oil is unrealistic.

The better answer would be that you like to run the fancy expensive oil for superior protection through lower friction.

I am always amazed at the power of marketing. Even if the oil in question managed to free up power over a conventional 2 cycle oil it wouldn't be enough for you to actually tell the difference. Heck I will even be generous and say that oil of yours offers a 10% boost in power (that's the most optimistic figure in the world too) which means if your generic 2 stroke engine makes 2hp it now offers up 2.2hp.

Just to put things into perspective as to how little .2hp means we can look at how much power it would take to overcome the aerodynamic forces to make your bike go twice as fast as it's current top speed. Ignoring rolling resistance since it is a constant we can strictly look at the aerodynamic forces on you and your bike which is the square of the velocity and that force is encountered over a distance in proportion to the velocity. In simple speak that means taking the energy to the third power to double the velocity.

So if it takes 2 hp to make your bike go 25mph (on level ground with static air) it would take 8hp to go 50mph.

I also want to emphasize that a 10% gain in power from just an oil is unrealistic.

The better answer would be that you like to run the fancy expensive oil for superior protection through lower friction.
Well put...Now that Phantom has reversed itself and now allows synthetic oils, I am now using my Amsoil Dominator full synthetic 2 cycle oil, also at 20:1, but not for any supposed power increase or the absurd thought of using less oil meaning less protection...I worked for Valvoline oil for 20 plus years in my second career and totally know better than that...lol...It is simply because of the "clean" no ash factor and for the longevity purposes of using synthetics for moving parts in an engine, there is no other reason than that for using it.

GX50NTS3​

2.0hp OHC Mini 4 Stroke Clutch-Drive (Horizontal or Vertical Mount) Honda Engine

• GX50NTS3_7.jpg
  • GX50NTS3_1.jpg
  • GX50NTS3_2.jpg
  • GX50NTS3_3.jpg
  • GX50NTS3_4.jpg
  • GX50NTS3_5.jpg
  • GX50NTS3_6.jpg
  • GX50NTS3_7.jpg
  • GX50NTS3_1.jpg

$339.00 MSRP: $399.95

Back