Options? Should I rebuild the G100 or buy a predator

Yellow Perch, his 79 stopped running when he took the governor out and dropped the cam lol! Probably not timed or the valve lash isn't correct. Same reason he can't make the simplest engine run. 0 talent.

Yellow Perch, his 79 stopped running when he took the governor out and dropped the cam lol! Probably not timed or the valve lash isn't correct. Same reason he can't make the simplest engine run. 0 talent.
I didn’t know that part! It’s the “little” details that end up missing... Does that mean a predator is okay if I do it right? Many members on here recommend a HS, are the basic eBay 4stroke kits the actual huasheng motors or are they fake? They don’t have the stickers or anything on the side. Should I get a tapered shaft or regular straight shaft? It seems like the straight shaft kits are a bit more expensive...

I didn’t know that part! It’s the “little” details that end up missing... Does that mean a predator is okay if I do it right? Many members on here recommend a HS, are the basic eBay 4stroke kits the actual huasheng motors or are they fake? They don’t have the stickers or anything on the side. Should I get a tapered shaft or regular straight shaft? It seems like the straight shaft kits are a bit more expensive...
I was just giving you some missing info. Not everyone likes the 2 strokes but they are good engines. The hs engines seem to be popular and haven't read many complaints. Like I've said, I don't know much about the different 4 strokes.

a HS will be quieter and smoother, more revvy, better on gas, last longer, lots ppl here that have a HS 49cc , and pedaling the bike will be that much easier. no brainer to me, but they cost more.
the 79 is workable, it just is lower output per cc than the little 49's
I'm holding my breath waiting for the gx50

a HS will be quieter and smoother, more revvy, better on gas, last longer, lots ppl here that have a HS 49cc , and pedaling the bike will be that much easier. no brainer to me, but they cost more.
the 79 is workable, it just is lower output per cc than the little 49's
I'm holding my breath waiting for the gx50

is there a way to put a transmission on the gx50? Isnt it a tapered shaft string trimmer type engine?
Also, are the ebay 4 stroke kits really the same as the "branded" huashengs? They have no label or anything? The transmissions all seem to be low quality and I really am having second thoughts. The chain and gear drive boxes are a definite no. And the belt drive ones seem to wear out bearings and clutches...
With a HF, I could use your jackshaft (strong+reliable) and a good clutch but everyone doesnt like that idea...
Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
I haven't seen a reliable HS transmission yet, and the tapered shaft motors seem to burn clutch pads quickly

isnt’t it a tapered shaft string trimmer type engine?
It is based off the gxh50 which is used for small water pumps and stuff so no. Why would it have mounts on the base of the engine. They come tapered and straight you just have to pay attention to the descriptions. EDIT: the gx50 is like a gx35 so yes trimmer type but powerful it has a 76mm clutch so yes transmission can be attached. Friction drive/belt drive setups would be perfect.

Last edited:
is there a way to put a transmission on the gx50? Isnt it a tapered shaft string trimmer type engine?
Also, are the ebay 4 stroke kits really the same as the "branded" huashengs? They have no label or anything? The transmissions all seem to be low quality and I really am having second thoughts. The chain and gear drive boxes are a definite no. And the belt drive ones seem to wear out bearings and clutches...
With a HF, I could use your jackshaft (strong+reliable) and a good clutch but everyone doesnt like that idea...
Maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
I haven't seen a reliable HS transmission yet, and the tapered shaft motors seem to burn clutch pads quickly
well, what do you want from the bike?
those clutches are the same ones used on pocket bikes (or look like they are, my buddie has a couple of those, going 40mph is scary!)
out of the 3 hes had, none of them had any clutch failure what so ever. the engine blew before the clutches did.

do what you want to do, if your going off my build expect to have some challenges..
a my set up is pretty beefie ( #40 chain, 7/8 drive axles. and a heavy clutch)
never failed me. (been riding daily for almost 1 year, it broke down once, and thats because i forgot to solder the wires)
20181026_120842_1540573746384.jpg

this is what it looked like before (still have that engine, still runs too!)
20190322_155815.jpg

and after. (98cc engine, my diy exhaust, beefie transmission)

Attachments

• 20190318_154342.jpg
    20190318_154342.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 145
  • 20190318_154407.jpg
    20190318_154407.jpg
    214 KB · Views: 183
  • 20190318_155113.jpg
    20190318_155113.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 230
  • 20190322_155520.jpg
    20190322_155520.jpg
    171.9 KB · Views: 155
well, what do you want from the bike?
those clutches are the same ones used on pocket bikes (or look like they are, my buddie has a couple of those, going 40mph is scary!)
out of the 3 hes had, none of them had any clutch failure what so ever. the engine blew before the clutches did.

do what you want to do, if your going off my build expect to have some challenges..
a my set up is pretty beefie ( #40 chain, 7/8 drive axles. and a heavy clutch)
never failed me. (been riding daily for almost 1 year, it broke down once, and thats because i forgot to solder the wires)
View attachment 87621
this is what it looked like before (still have that engine, still runs too!)
View attachment 87626
and after. (98cc engine, my diy exhaust, beefie transmission)
That is a nice bike you have! I want a reliable bike that goes 35 mph that’s all I need... I don’t think I will get a huasheng because I’ve heard too many stories, I am planning on a 4 stroke straight shaft with a jackshaft. Simple and reliable. Maybe a header, new jet, and cone filter

Last edited:
Back