Options? Should I rebuild the G100 or buy a predator

Just do something perch. I did that in the beginning asking a thousand questions but the moment you start doing s*it the better no offense. Gear ratios, quality and such can be dealt with after. If you are saying the 49cc 4 stroke china kits/motors are bad quality before getting one the 2 stroke guys sure ain't gonna be too happy trying to give advice. Maybe you should be fixing an old dual sport I believe mark20 is (might be the other guy). It seems you are too worried. What happens if you meet a cute girl are you going to say you're too worried then?

Just do something perch. I did that in the beginning asking a thousand questions but the moment you start doing s*it the better no offense. Gear ratios, quality and such can be dealt with after. If you are saying the 49cc 4 stroke china kits/motors are bad quality before getting one the 2 stroke guys sure ain't gonna be too happy trying to give advice. Maybe you should be fixing an old dual sport I believe mark20 is (might be the other guy). It seems you are too worried. What happens if you meet a cute girl are you going to say you're too worried then?
*was
I blew out the piston.

There fun bikes. Just need lots of work
Also perch, just like will said. Building is a lot better than asking 100's of questions.
A 4 stoke kit will last, engine quality doesent really matter. (What im saying is, those 4 stoke engines are all the same. Quality is veryed with ebery engine manufacture, even honda)
Personally i see it this way. A "quality" engine is condisered more reliable than a "cheap" engine.
Because the people who buy them are diffrent. The people who buy quality engines know what there doing vs the common fool who thinks it just needs gas...

Attachments

• 20190518_194248.jpg
    20190518_194248.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 209
  • 20190518_194236.jpg
    20190518_194236.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 191
Just so you guys know, there are more mods that can be done to the 79cc pred than just gov removal, exhaust and carb.
Yeah but at what cost?
Theres milled head, and one cam.
Thats it.
If there was a billet rod then that would be a game changer. Lots more stuff to be had with that engine.
Diffrent cams would be great for it (you could just weld on the stock cam, that works too)

But a 212 is just better in very way (power, price, aftermaket etc.)

Only thing is that they need modifications to make them fit in most frames.
The 79cc will fit in most frames (ill be it, you will need to make a different header unless you like to get tan, so not really plug and play)

if not a cam then maybe increased ratio rockers mid to fit? not real sure on that,, some small things can be done but everything's DIY.
he's only after like 3.5hp,,

Most hate on the 79cc pred is from folks that haven't removed the gov, or dropped the cam out doing so and didn't put it back in correctly. I have a buddy with a 79cc geared for 40 mph at 5k rpm, and that thing moves. It way outperformed my 53cc when I had it single speed. Only way I pass him now is with my gears.
His initial gear ratio had him doing around 55 mph but was a dog from a stop and on any incline, had to help him out with gear ratios to be able to take the hills where we live (plus I couldn't stand him being able to go faster than me sometimes :p).

Last edited:
Even the people who like them acknowledge that they are cheap quality? It’s not the motor im particularly worried about, it’s the transmission. It will cost A LOT of money (for me at least) to get a good transmission. I am seriously considering the predator route... the transmissions are a lot more robust

if not a cam then maybe increased ratio rockers mid to fit? not real sure on that,, some small things can be done but everything's DIY.
he's only after like 3.5hp,,
Everyone thinks I need all sorts of power or something, it can’t take that much to go 35 right? The way I see it most bikes aren’t made to sustain 50+ and the ones that can are expensive. If I could go 35-40 and do moderate hills I would be happy. I can do a predator build a lot cheaper and I believe that’s what I’m going to do. I don’t mind the added weight and I think for my needs it should work just fine...
I appreciate all the helpful contributions to the thread, I am going to start getting parts and looking for a bike

I am a high school student I can’t afford lots of expensive stuff, I need to save for college and whatnot. I just want to have a little fun this summer that’s all...

Back