Overheating and losing power

Local time
6:28 PM
So I've been running this motor for awhile with two cylinder base gaskets on and two head gaskets on I was unaware of the 2 base gaskets but I did the two head gaskets on purpose. Well it was running ok but I knew it could run better so I took it apart and removed the extra gaskets from both the base and the head as Well as ported my intake and exhaust on the cylinder to match the intake and exhaust manifold as Well as sanded just a tad off of my head and cylinder where they meet the head gasket. I put it all back together minus all the extra gaskets and I was right about it running better and faster ....however it got hot fairly quick and started slowly losing power. Can anyone tell my what the problem is or what's happening...It runs 100x better until it got too hot...it was like it was bogging out almost. Thanks for your input...im not sure this matters but its a cdh pk80

If you didn't retune for all the work you did, you're probably leaning the motor out. Anytime you eliminate restrictions in the airflow (porting, switching to a larger intake, switching pipes, less restrictive air filter, etc) you will lean out your mixture some. It sounds like between the extra compression, the change in port timing (removing the 2nd base gasket), and porting the motor you've ended up going a touch lean.

That would explain it running better, faster, and heating up quickly.

Put the second base gasket back on. It came that way for a reason. Do you like that answer better?

Back