Piston problems

I do like the sound of 78 cc. They may not have final fitted on the pistons. Quality rings, piston, and the ability of 10, 20, 30 over rebuilds could offset the price where initial cost could possibly save in the long run. I'm picking up a new personal bike tomorrow. Like I really need one. So that's where my mad money will be going.

I do like the sound of 78 cc. They may not have final fitted on the pistons. Quality rings, piston, and the ability of 10, 20, 30 over rebuilds could offset the price where initial cost could possibly save in the long run. I'm picking up a new personal bike tomorrow. Like I really need one. So that's where my mad money will be going.

Ohhhh I really like that one brother!Yeah my back room is starting to look like your shedd!

Attachments

• 2017-04-19 22.17.37.jpg
    2017-04-19 22.17.37.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 128
  • 2017-04-19 22.17.51.jpg
    2017-04-19 22.17.51.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 143
  • 2017-04-19 22.18.09.jpg
    2017-04-19 22.18.09.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 149
Thanks Bro. Seeing your back room is consolation that there may still be hope for me. I would go on about the plans for the new bike, but it's probably not the right thing to do here. It's called a Lux 8D three speed fat tire cruiser. When I get it home I'll start a thread on the build.

This talk about sleeves is weird and new to me lol. It's like an insertment, eeeek yeah movement and alignment with Ports would concern me aswell.

Thanks Bro. Seeing your back room is consolation that there may still be hope for me. I would go on about the plans for the new bike, but it's probably not the right thing to do here. It's called a Lux 8D three speed fat tire cruiser. When I get it home I'll start a thread on the build.
Gary, you need a fatter rear tire ;) my choppers a little buried ATM, but I'll be posting pics soon after I do a little wash. It has sweet tires!

Gary, you need a fatter rear tire ;) my choppers a little buried ATM, but I'll be posting pics soon after I do a little wash. It has sweet tires!
Better dig her out. Days are getting warm around here. 3" is near all that'll fit between the stays.

media, 60094]SAM_0404 by gary55 posted Jul 2, 2016 at 8:35 AM[/GALLERY]

This talk about sleeves is weird and new to me lol. It's like an insertment, eeeek yeah movement and alignment with Ports would concern me aswell.

I have a couple re-sleeved Blaster cylinders. Neither of them is aligned right and it is a bear of a job to grind the misalignment away. Picture that you heat the cylinder up and chill the sleeve. You have about 2 seconds to slam them together, align and seat the sleeve. 4 strokes are easy, no ports to line up.

Ah yes, the heat and chill method... I'm working on getting our old oven hooked up outside so I can crack one of the Mina cases. I'm worried I won't be able to get them back together!!!
But yes. Those sleeves sound like a pain. And no ports on a 4stroke? I don't wanna start getting into 4pokes lol. Ima 2 StrokeMama!? Forever and always it shall be :)
Gary55 , I think the tire looked smaller in the pic, I'm gonna need to measure mine :p the frame is a chopper frame tho so... it's got a long front fork, I love it.
-Things are picking up here as the weather gets warmer... I'm always doing stuff on engines through the winter, but I don't have a garage and that sucks!! So I mostly rely on decent weather to do work on anything... Don't worry I'll be posting up all my pics very shortly here...

Yea buddy, if your piston is at top dead center and it is hitting your plug or head, it's def not the right part. Sorry if this wasn't helpful

Back