Pleased with mods........ (Thanks Jag)

My bad........Fabian, No, I was thinking you had it on end of expansion. Right you've got stinger on stock set-up.

I just had bike out again for a few miles.............Best torque its had.........

Attachments

• PC022956.jpg
    PC022956.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 180
Nope, in it's current form, my bike uses a stock standard exhaust system, with a 2 foot length of high temperature silicon hose attached to the muffler outlet for significant noise reduction.

Nice, I bet that is quiet. Also, I'm sure that really helped the lower end torque. Fabian, really 24" long? Gosh, I'm sure you have it mounted up around bottom of frame?

It doesn't appear to have made any real difference to the torque band (on a standard muffler) but exhaust noise has been significantly reduced, to the point where i can only hear intake noise, but that has also been reduced with the Rock Solid Engines reed valve intake and diaphragm style carburettor and air filter extension.

As things are, the bike is now much quieter and more enjoyable to ride.

Makes sense. That's the reason why you were talking about how much the RS reed helped that. Uno, with the louder expansion, I've never really noticed that? I'm sure the way you have yours set-up it's pretty quiet. See, if I had the shift kit, I wouldn't be so concerned with using the expansion to begin with.

See, if I had the shift kit, I wouldn't be so concerned with using the expansion to begin with.

You said it perfectly: with a shift kit, outright power takes second or third place because there's a gear for every kind of hill, and at the end of the day, there's little difference in trip time when climbing a hill at 9 mph as opposed to having extra power and doing it at 10 mph.

With a single speed drive system, it forces you to find a way to increase power, even if you don't need that extra power for travelling on flat ground.

Back