Prepping For Wrapping

Frankenstein

In memory of Frankenstein 1991 - 2018
As long as you are sure those 2 pipes won't come apart then you have everything you need. Steel zip ties are recommended.

Frankenstein

Thank you. I don't have steel zip but there's a Harbor Freight Tools just down the street! Just another $15 for some ties and a tool.
You only need the ties, no tool will be required, cut them with some tin snips. I try to cut a rounded point and bend the tip under itself to keep the any sharps from nicking me.

Cozmik Mezzenger

Looks clean cut to me, hope it sounds nice and keeps you comfy.
These engines put out a lot of heat. You can cook on the header. But now I hope to put that heat to good use instead of burning my thigh! And with the muffler on I will feel more like a good neighbor!

Frankenstein

These engines put out a lot of heat. You can cook on the header. But now I hope to put that heat to good use instead of burning my thigh! And with the muffler on I will feel more like a good neighbor!
Yes I understand that feeling. Seems here in this city they don't care if the muffler is even on the bike/car/extremely loud car...

Something this small in a good wholesome area should be muffled, even at the expense of speed. If your tearing up a city road or some outback dirt trail then just let it scream to the heavens since nobody cares and it's fun.

Cozmik Mezzenger

Yes I understand that feeling. Seems here in this city they don't care if the muffler is even on the bike/car/extremely loud car...

Something this small in a good wholesome area should be muffled, even at the expense of speed. If your tearing up a city road or some outback dirt trail then just let it scream to the heavens since nobody cares and it's fun.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!