Reliability - Mitsubishi TLE43

Yada yada yada,
The simple fact is it grips the tire far better than a conventional roller. Try
it if you don't believe me, smart@$$

P.S. I've gone the aggregate route; this is much better. Oh, and I'd like to retract
my remark and apologize for calling you a smart@$$. Nothing could be further
from the truth. Doubtless, you probably have a degree or two in science. Bet you teach somewhere. You likely have someone else change your car's oil, and....obviously, you've never used a pipe wrench in your life or you would know what a tremendous amount of friction one generates while contacting less than 10% of the surface acted upon

You sure seem like one insecure ol' dude. This is a public forum and if and when you choose to post up something you better grow some skin. Nothing in my comments was personal but you seem to take it very personally and respond with insults. The net is full of opinions but because someone says something, don't make it so.

I've experimented with many materials for friction drive spindle surfaces in used in wet conditions. Steel, aluminum, wood, poly-urethane, stone aggregate and rubber.

SAM_0029.JPG

There is always the wear vs traction quotient in whatever one uses. Paper and emery cloth covered spindles work okay but wear out quickly. Stone aggregate spindles work very well in the wet but wear tires quickly when road surfaces dry. I've slotted, knurled, fluted and grooved both steel and aluminum spindles and also wooden spindles but with meager gains in traction. After all this experimenting, IMO I would say excluding the stone aggregate materials, spindles surfaced with soft compound rubber mating with the rubber of the tire offers about the best traction in the wet conditions without excessive tire wear.

just think of it as a double helix rotary pipe wrench and put it to good use.

Secure's got nothing ta do with it you say it won't work; I know that it does.
Check out Staton's new 1" spindle and explain physics to him why don't ya.

Back