Repair kits/pumps

The extra thick tubes with slime that damien1307 uses are good tube . When I had my first flat back in 2011 first engine that I bought . I said this terrible my tensioner was stock the bushing one just had it all set then a flat.So I decided to try those tubes. Wow what a difference. I lived by a furniture stores back loading docks . I had to go by it every time I go anywhere. Those dam little tacking nails suck. The trick help a bunch. I had 6 different times I pull out those little nails and I still was good . I’d pull one out air up tire and ride about 5 to 10 minutes. It would seal it. So all I take with me now is a little air pump like wrench has with gauge . I have tried all kinds of thick and self sealing tubes nothing as good. I’m liking good year ones now too . I’d buy the extra thick slime if in stock tho.

Last edited:
Yea I've seen that one it's only Kevlar fiber Not quite what I'm looking for in Kevlar. I decided not to buy and got the regular Ching Shin
Classic Knobbie C693 They still make that tire out of real rubber with wire bead and not synthetic rubber and nylon like others

That's what I was looking for. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention (y)

I don't rotate my tires, or I would be getting 3K out of a set. I just change the rear tire when the tread is almost gone Not Bald.
The front never really gets worn out. I feel I could run the same front tire forever :LOL: But I change it anyways about every 3 years
for piece of mind and a new whitewall tire always looks good.
Me too I got a few used tires hanging in the garage. I put them on other bicycles.
BTW what Tubes do you use with your Bell Kevlar tires? Do you also use a tire liner because of the goat heads?

I have a feeling in the future I'll be trying a set of Bell Kevlar Classic Knobbies W/W tires
6k a set is twice the millage I get out of my Cheng Shin C693 W/W Classic Knobbies
IDK why I thought it was made with Kevlar fiber. I now realize it has a Kevlar layer under the tread, That's what I was looking for
Some added protection in the rare event that I might get a flat.

3 years and 6K should be just about right for me. I used to ride 3K a year. But now I'm down to about 1,500 or 2K a year.

I bet my higher speeds cruise 40 to 45mph and top speed 50 to 55 mph have something to do with me wearing out my back tire every 1,500 miles.

Last edited:
Hope this is what your looking for...lol...it was my first hit on my "StartPage" search engine on my Brave Browser...its the same size and brand im using by the way...DAMIEN

See post #24 somehow I replied to myself by mistake :oops:
That's what I was looking for. Thanks again for bringing it to my attention (y)

I don't rotate my tires, or I would be getting 3K out of a set. I just change the rear tire when the tread is almost gone Not Bald.
The front never really gets worn out. I feel I could run the same front tire forever :LOL: But I change it anyways about every 3 years
for piece of mind and a new whitewall tire always looks good.
Me too I got a few used tires hanging in the garage. I put them on other bicycles.
BTW what Tubes do you use with your Bell Kevlar tires? Do you also use a tire liner because of the goat heads?

I have a feeling in the future I'll be trying a set of Bell Kevlar Classic Knobbies W/W tires
6k a set is twice the millage I get out of my Cheng Shin C693 W/W Classic Knobbies
IDK why I thought it was made with Kevlar fiber. I now realize it has a Kevlar layer under the tread, That's what I was looking for
Some added protection in the rare event that I might get a flat.

3 years and 6K should be just about right for me. I used to ride 3K a year. But now I'm down to about 1,500 or 2K a year.

I bet my higher speeds cruise 40 to 45mph and top speed 50 to 55 mph have something to do with me wearing out my back tire every 1,500 miles.

See post #24 somehow I replied to myself by mistake :oops:...yea i noticed that...lol

I use "Slime, Super Thick, Self Sealing Tube", and i make my own tube to rim liners by taking regular stock "el cheapo" tubes i have lying around by "halving" them and laying them in place inside the rim,and then putting on tube and tire over that, (I have had imperfections poke holes in tube through the rim and built in liners years ago),...I do not use any tire liner layer between tire and tube though, havent found any need to with the Kevlars....I should mention that i do "rotate" the tires and tubes, front to back after 3000 miles...DAMIEN

Ps...I occasionally do go upwards of 45 to 50 just once in a while but mostly stay comfortably between 35 to 40.

Last edited:
See post #24 somehow I replied to myself by mistake :oops:...yea i noticed that...lol

I use "Slime, Super Thick, Self Sealing Tube", and i make my own tube to rim liners by taking regular stock "el cheapo" tubes i have lying around by "halving" them and laying them in place inside the rim,and then putting on tube and tire over that...I do not use any tire liner layer between tire and tube though, havent found any need to with the Kevlars....I should mention that i do "rotate" the tires and tubes, front to back after 3000 miles...DAMIEN

Ps...I occasionally do go upwards of 45 to 50 just once in a while but mostly stay comfortably between 35 to 40.
I go back to front..😛

I use "Slime, Super Thick, Self Sealing Tube", and i make my own tube to rim liners by taking regular stock "el cheapo" tubes i have lying around by "halving" them and laying them in place inside the rim,and then putting on tube and tire over that...I do not use any tire liner layer between tire and tube though, havent found any need to with the Kevlars....I should mention that i do "rotate" the tires, front to back after 3000 miles...DAMIEN
I use an old heavy duty inner tube skin as a liner. I guess Great minds do think alike. (y)
I just put a regular inner tube in the heavy duty skin Gives me a extra heavy duty inner tube.

I tried Mr Tuffy liners They wore a premature wear spot in my tread where the ends overlap. So I tried to cut the ends of the liner to match (butt) perfect but I ended up with a gap I threw Mr. Tuffy Liners away. They were a pain in the azz to put in straight anyways.

That's when I used a heavy duty inner tube skin as a liner

Still thinking of some kind of puncture proof hose to use as a liner. Maybe a Fire hose?
Use the hose in one piece, It would be double layered
Just cut back one half of the hose on each end a few inches and it will be a perfect overlap -___ _____-- Tried to draw it didn't work
It would have to be glued in the tire with spray adhesive. But could be reused in a new tire.
If I ever come up with a DIY tire liner I'll let ya know. I'm in no desperate need I just like to create stuff

Last edited:
Back