Replacing the cheap Chinese bolts with studs

I was thinking about JB weld on the threads and a grade 8 ... They would never come out...

I was thinking about JB weld on the threads and a grade 8 ... They would never come out
JB weld would hold the stud in forever as long as the threads haven't been pulled out already
You would still be able to remove the stud by heating it up with a torch. But it might take the threads with it.
Then you can braze it in :LOL:

You should use USA Grade 5 / Metric 8.8 because the cyl/head studs need thermal expansion stretch to expand and contract with the cyl and head
Motorcycles cyl/head studs are grade 5 or Metric 8.8

An inch pounds tourque Wrench is what got instead... Good to know how to get out of trouble though...

JB weld would hold the stud in forever as long as the threads haven't been pulled out already
You would still be able to remove the stud by heating it up with a torch. But it might take the threads with it.
Then you can braze it in :LOL:

You should use USA Grade 5 / Metric 8.8 because the cyl/head studs need thermal expansion stretch to expand and contract with the cyl and head
Motorcycles cyl/head studs are grade 5 or Metric 8.8
I got Honda studs for the engine... Honda acorns 115mm 8m 1.25 fit a '80 70atc 4 banger...

Back