revin out of control

flyinfisherman

Local time
1:33 AM
i pulled the throttle cable off reran it to make sure its not sticking,pulled the carb apart, looks fine everythings workin right it idles fine when it accelerates everything is fine but when i pull the clucth in to stop the motor revs out of control for like 15 to 20 sec or till i start moving again any help would be much appreciated .

revin.

Hey fly,
Check the carb plunger to make SURE it's sliding real easy. I've had a few sticky ones and they rev untill engine vibration shakes it back down.
Hope this helps,
Big Red.

thanks for the reply... turns out it was the throttle control the plastic p.o.s was all wornout ..replaced it with a pit bike control now the plunger is sticking a little bit was thinkin a stronger spring in the carb migght fix this ..what did u do to fix yours

Check for air leaks. Carby to inlet manifold, inlet manifold to engine. Sometimes there will be the smallest of air leaks which makes your engine rev out.

Is your idle set at 3 1/2 turns out? Maybe you need to play with the idle screw.

Hope that helps :)

Stickey plunger

thanks for the reply... turns out it was the throttle control the plastic p.o.s was all wornout ..replaced it with a pit bike control now the plunger is sticking a little bit was thinkin a stronger spring in the carb migght fix this ..what did u do to fix yours
A little REAL FINE emery cloth. on the plunger and inside the plunger throte.Try to rub evenly the direction of slide.
Thanks, Big Red.

Throttle

Sometimes the cable is twisting and the float gets a little twisted and does not slide smoothly in chamber.

Back