Rotary Engine $30,000

Frankenstein

In memory of Frankenstein 1991 - 2018
That is a scarey small form factor for the hp it puts out, and only 4 pounds weight at more than 3 hp?!?

You can even hook them up together like multiple pistons and cylinders..an 8 pound engine with over 6hp, now that would a fun motorized bike.

Cozmik Mezzenger

That is a scarey small form factor for the hp it puts out, and only 4 pounds weight at more than 3 hp?!?

You can even hook them up together like multiple pistons and cylinders..an 8 pound engine with over 6hp, now that would a fun motorized bike.
I can't wait until the Chinese steal this, I mean clone this one...

Frankenstein

They probably need to make some money back after development and testing and patents and legal this that whatever... I would be trying to make a healthy profit off this too. And I know 30k is an easy price for any major engine manufacturer to shell out.

I really can't wait for the Chinese to copy this.

Frankenstein

Oh for those who didn't know...

Darpa (US research facility for defense systems) awarded the company a 2 and a half million grant for this design.

On the left, a 35 hp diesel engine, on the right a 40hp design they have.
LiquidPiston-X2Engine-Comparison.jpg

Thread Status: Hello , this thread is over 3 years old. You can still reply if relevant, but sometimes it's better to create a new thread to get more replies!