S**t, that was dumb...

GW's Motorized

Local time
5:02 AM
Well, the BT80 is great when you can wire up lights until you leave them on. I got up and went to leave for work at 5:45 and my battery was dead and the pull cord ripped off. I pushed my bike to the shop and used the jumper pack. I clocked in about 3 minutes before I'd be late.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA, welcome to life Kid! Wait till you lock your keys in your car 50 miles from home. Kinda sorta ruins your day.

Talk about feeling dumb. Bought a 2007 KLR 650 brand new. In the 1st month the battery kept going dead. I'm pissed, brand new bike ya know. Dealer couldn't figure it out. They replaced the battery once for me under warranty. Happened again, problem vexed me. This time I ate the cost of a new batt. Once a lead acid batt goes to 0v it's toast and can't be relied on. One day I'm parking it near dusk walking away from it and see the tail light is on, no other lights. I'll be damned, wassup? Usually I rode and parked it during the day and the tail light being on wasn't noticeable. Turns out there's a postion on the ignition for the rear light to stay on like a parking light. I never seen that before, EVER and have owned many bikes. You can even remove the key in that parking light position. Talk about feeling stupid. Never did tell the dealer about that, I wanted to be able to go back in there to buy goods for the bike w/o the staff saying there's the dumbass.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA, welcome to life Kid! Wait till you lock your keys in your car 50 miles from home. Kinda sorta ruins your day.

Talk about feeling dumb. Bought a 2007 KLR 650 brand new. In the 1st month the battery kept going dead. I'm pissed, brand new bike ya know. Dealer couldn't figure it out. They replaced the battery once for me under warranty. Happened again, problem vexed me. This time I ate the cost of a new batt. Once a lead acid batt goes to 0v it's toast and can't be relied on. One day I'm parking it near dusk walking away from it and see the tail light is on, no other lights. I'll be damned, wassup? Usually I rode and parked it during the day and the tail light being on wasn't noticeable. Turns out there's a postion on the ignition for the rear light to stay on like a parking light. I never seen that before, EVER and have owned many bikes. You can even remove the key in that parking light position. Talk about feeling stupid. Never did tell the dealer about that, I wanted to be able to go back in there to buy goods for the bike w/o the staff saying there's the dumbass.
Are you kidding? The dealer needs to be reprimanded for not making you aware of all the features on your new bike, and owe you for a battery.

When I got off at 1 a coworker offered me a jump start. I just threw th battery on the charger a few minutes ago and it said it has 8.4 volts. It shouldn't need replaced.

Battery will probably be fine for awhile. The hardest thing on lead acid batteries is cold temps, bring it inside during the winter and keep it charged. (assuming you don't ride your MB in the winter, and even if you do, bring the battery / bike inside to relatively normal temps). I trickle charge my lead acid batteries to make sure they're good.

Back