Saying Hello to All from the New Guy!!

Madd Matt

Local time
11:00 PM
I'm a Texas boy who has been riding and building motorized bikes (electric & 2-stroke) since mid 2006. (when gasoline got up to almost $5.00 USD per Gallon-> WHEW!!) I have an almost son-in-law who thinks we need to turn this hobby into a proper business but I'm not so sure about it.
I have built 4 electrics and 8 2-stroke bikes so far and I wind up giving them away to family & friends. When I build a bike for a paying customer I ALWAYS lose money on it. I want people to fall in love with these bikes like I have; so as a basic build does not really perform that well, I wind up putting those performance parts the bikes desperately need for reliability and performance onto the build at my expense.! (I never have been accused of being smart!)
I have finally figured out that it takes about $1000.00 USD to build one of these 2-strokes and have it to be 98% reliable and the engine to perform strongly & smoothly {for a 2-stroke that is :)} The average person absolutely freaks out when you tell them a bicycle will cost that much. They are thinking Wal-Mart and maybe it might cost $250.00 to $300.00. (we know better, don't we?)
Anyway, enuff of my whining. I do love these little contraptions.
So Hi to everyone out there! And if I can help anyone, PLEASE do not hesitate to ask. If I don't know I will admit it and not try to BS you. Believe me, if I need help I will not hesitate to ask for it!
Later Everyone,
Madd Matt

Back