SBP expansion chamber; good, but maybe not for everyone

Pablo,
Where to get that second muffler you have on your bike? Can you let us know or even better, sell it on your website? Thanks!

Skyliner

It will take a week or two before I have them sourced for a low price and fabbed up.

I just finished installing a SBP tuned expansion chamber pipe on a 80cc(??) mounted on an original OCC Chopper. Did quite a bit of fitting & welding, and ended with an upswept look which I'm quite pleased with. Being a new build, I didn't have much history with the original performance, but did have enough to realise a substantial increase in performance. The noise (music) is reasonable, and fits the appearance of the bike. So far I haven't had the guts to find out what it'll do. I've had it peaked out in 4th gear at 42 mph (GPS) and still have 5th gear left. I think I'll leave 5th for cruising only. Now I'm trying to fit a front brake (unsuccessfully), so I can stop, as I don't bounce anymore, I just splat.....Byron

hey "I just finished installing a SBP tuned expansion chamber pipe on a 80cc(??) mounted on an original OCC Chopper" could you put a pic up as I am ordering one for my chopper

Gear shifting Chopper w/sbc expansion chamber

I'll try to down load a shot of the sbc expansion chamber. I'll also start a simular thread (wild in the streets) of my Chopper build with many more pictures showing a Chopper that has gone over 4o mph and still has 1 gear left. :devilish: BRAKES are now the real problem. :cry:

Attachments

• Shifting Chopper 002.jpg
    Shifting Chopper 002.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 620
Wow, I didn't think it was possible to put the shift kit on a Schwinn chopper. I am surprised the chain made it from the jackshaft to the chainrings. Don't want to hijack this thread so please start another one about your build.

All right Pablo, WWF round III, this exhaust is to improve performance. I am unaware of any performance exhaust that is quieter than its stock counterpart. Look at any performance exhaust in the automotive or cycle industry and it will be louder than the exhaust that comes standard with whatever vehicle it was on. To get performance out of an exhaust requires improving exhaust flow which is partly done by lessening the effects of the muffler. However as you point out that an additional silencer can be added to lessen the db level and not cut the performance down too much.

bluegoatwoods,
Email me a photo of your pipe installed and I bet I can figure a way to get the length back in your pipe. You also may have noticed that we started selling a rear kickstand around the same time we released the pipe. No coincidence there. But when we get them back on the market we will put a note in the product description so that it is clear that you will need one unless you install it like lordoflightaz. Attached is a photo for reference.

The dominator pipe for the gp460 is said to be quieter than the stock muffler

For that matter, maybe this thread should die. Looking back I don't think I made any point that people can't figure out for themselves.

Byron; you should start a new thread with that shift kit/chopper. That's definitely worthy of a thread.

Yes and amazingly very little if any difference. No difference in acceleration, no difference in top end. I think because it's after the expansion chamber and the regular silencer, a simple baffle muffler doesn't harm too much on a 2 stroke.

Back