Serious question about Chinese engine kits ??????

Deercrossing wrote:

I've been reading the post and very few get by without some sort of major repair in the breakin period. Take a look. Not me doing all the post. I don't blame Dax's Beyond the poor shipping. It seems to be a every day worry what is to brake today.

Looking for a motor? Save a few hundred more and buy something you can perhaps trust. Want to fiddle with the engine every day? This is the engine to get.

When running the engine is great as I have posted earlier. I ride to work in the early AM and need to be able to trust my ride.

I say read the post on this site first. Get a feel for the word being told. May it lead you in the way to go.

Your post is entirely valid.

The good thing is HERE, at MB.com, you have a place to work it out. You've very correctly seperated mechanical problems from "bad service".

Walk a mile in his mocassins, however. The gas crises and economic circumstances have probably caused a surge in demand, I know GEBE is backordered on 25 cc's for that reason.

There has to be a distintion between "hobby" and "necessity", and necessity would point to the higher priced "out of the box" reliability.

But at least here, with enough patience, solutions can be found.

Nobody wants anybody else to have a bad experience, but sometimes one problem becomes two, which begets a few more.

I am NOT mechanically blessed, so back in the early MB.com days I watched from the sideline as many other forum members held some newbies hand from opening the box to buying a wrench to hair pulling excrutiating explanation of what 2 cycle oil was. (I think the kid poured in Havoline). They didn't give up until he got it cranked.

(If I remember right, it was 20 degrees when he headed out the door, an I think he walked 5 freezing miles home).

Anyway, I hope you don't give up, because most of the members here probably feel the same way as I do about wanting more HAPPY STORIES.

Pre MB.com a person was mostly on his/her own, at least now there is a place to have more options.

Im still waiting for Esteban to tell me what the "good" Kits are? Not weather to use blue, red, or green Loc-Tite

Forrest

forrest said:
Hello

What are the "good" Kits? I like the engines that mount in the frame, are there any "good" kits that mount in the frame?

Forrest

Whizzer?

The Good kits are those that.......................

The Good kits are those that are backed by a money back Guarantee !! If the seller has a good kit. They will give you a 30day love it or get your money back Guarantee !! Simple stuff. Thanks..Enjoy the ride..

$$chice**reliability

esteban,
here in brief is my story: http://motoredbikes.com/viewtopic.php?t=1523, ...this circumstance arose out of impulse buying something for the first time on ebay....$91.00 bucks i thought i was getting the same if not better than a 70cc!

watching augidog on his since november, he has had very minimal problems considering it's his "only" mode of transpo and he says he's gone over 1000 miles...

so now i have a 70cc thatsdax motor, the only thing durring the break in period so far was the 2nd day the clutch cable broke, no biggie we got it fixed within minutes.

Me being a girl, i had no concept of engines and such, but knowing augie and beach cruzin my fiance, and of course this forum, we all are learning...so far we have to share this bike until we can come up with another $400.00 bucks or so, for another one...bike and motor...

advice from me is buy what you feel is right in your heart and your wallet, me i had to go with the best for my buck and thatsdax for us. yes waiting for shipping is a struggle to get through, but there are reasons for that in other posts. i beleive he takes his time and gets enough orders going in all directions...business for this industry is going to explode, not that i am psychic or anything, but gas prices and our whole economy will demand it, so it's important to learn how to fix it now, while times are still normal rather than later after a solar flare hits, or global war hits whatever...someday can happen many ways...

Good luck and happy trails :)

while times are still normal rather than later after a solar flare hits, or global war hits whatever...someday can happen many ways...

Another member of the Apocolyptic Calvery! :cool:

GEBE is at www.bikeengines.com and I'm not saying mentioning "bama" and mb.com might get you a small break on shipping charges.

Oh, I threw away the Locktite, (tube was shot anyway), and used "Sally Hanson Hard as Nails with Nylon + Retinol "(color Shear Buf Gloss).

You learn something everyday, and now I depend on Sally to keep my rear wheels not only locked, but lookin' goooooood.

Yea, I threw away the locktite aswell and am using L' Oreal of Paris now <BECAUSE I'M WORTH IT! > ha ha, and no I'm not a crossdresser either, just ugly.

Last edited:
WOW ! You 2 dug up a 2 year old thread ! I haven't been too active here, lately. I have been riding a non-powered bike more than my K & S motorized .

MY opinion = Buy a Japanese engine if at all possible !

Last edited:
Back