Jackshaft Sick Bike Parts jackshaft issue

Fix a loose bearing on a shaft - use a center punch and punch a bunch of spots evenly around the shaft where the bearing goes. It works

I ended Up brazing bronze and machining it down to tight slide fit. I’m not buying more of these until Jim and Paul get better shafts. I would like a kit I purchase to be good out of the box.

Chain can be really tight, actually preferred to some extent. We know the cause. Maybe the discussion could be more about what shaft size will work - we know it doesn't have to be 0.0002-0.0017” max clearance - I think .002" would work, .0038" is too much . The debate is more about the fix, not the cause.

We didn't receive any ANSI standard, BTW. We have what we need.

Pablo, again you were very helpful and i was impressed with your help and you even took my call on Sunday and got right back to me. I would have been happy if you sent me a 0.623 as per our original conversation. Fix is done. I welded and re machined, I would like a fix for the future instead of what sounds like a band aid.

here’s the link to the ANSI standards... https://www.engineersedge.com/class_iv.htm
I don’t expect 0.0002 but can you guys shoot for 0.001 that way a mil each way won’t ruin the kit.

Oh jeeze, good point, I don’t know why I thought different. I suppose I had hoped SBP sourced better parts for the jackshaft itself, they are standard sized. My bad, it’s chinese explains everything. I switch out all kinds of parts to domestic, Japanese or German... whenever critical.

Oh jeeze, good point, I don’t know why I thought different. I suppose I had hoped SBP sourced better parts for the jackshaft itself, they are standard sized. My bad, it’s chinese explains everything. I switch out all kinds of parts to domestic, Japanese or German... whenever critical.
The shafts were made in the USA.

Back