Simple Reed Valve

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sizing is the other way around actually. MZ Miami reed valve only comes as a 40mm bolt spacing, and the RSE reed valve by Zeda (sold on eBay by BMW) can be either a 32mm or a 40mm bolt spacing. :)

I'm stuck with 32mm bolt spacing unfortunately, so I can't have the "fibre glass ones that.. open better" but MZ's shipping prices are completely random and messed up anyway, puts me right off. £9 to ship a head, but £35 to ship a reed valve; £12 to ship a 12t, but £17 to ship an 11t ! :eek:
What the hell MZ? :mad:
Thats Ebay if you order more than one item from them then the shipping gets straightened out I found you can put together a fake order of a few items and see what I mean.As for the sizes it's MZ that has both sizes all the Zeda stuff is for 40mm intake stud spacing as that all they use.first two pics are from MZ a gold 40mm and red 32mm the link is Zeda's and it's 40mm only.
140.jpg
140.jpg

https://zedamotorsports.com/shop?olsPage=products/rse-carbon-fiber-reed-valve-40mm

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Last edited:
Thats Ebay if you order more than one item from them then the shipping gets straightened out I found you can put together a fake order of a few items and see what I mean.As for the sizes it's MZ that has both sizes all the Zeda stuff is for 40mm intake stud spacing as that all they use.
I'll have a look into the shipping then. I do want another head at some point for the next build so I might pick up an 11t for the current build if the shipping charges are sensible.
But I'm actually "watching" the 32mm RSE reed valve by Zeda, sold on eBay by BMW (as I want to do something to reduce intake noise). I just checked my facts to be certain of this before posting. MZ is only listing 40mm reed valves.

I'll have a look into the shipping then. I do want another head at some point for the next build so I might pick up an 11t for the current build if the shipping charges are sensible.
But I'm actually "watching" the 32mm RSE reed valve by Zeda, sold on eBay by BMW (as I want to do something to reduce intake noise). I just checked my facts to be certain of this before posting. MZ is only listing 40mm reed valves.

There is a zeda in China that sells alot of products...ZedaMotorsports is a USA based distributor but only deals in the zeda80 engines with the 40mm bolt spacing.

Moderators Note:
Please be aware that Zeda Motor Sports and Robert Bianchi have nothing to do with Zeda itself which is a manufacturer of Zeda Motors in China.
A reputable vendor of the Zeda line of motors can be found at bicycle-engines.com

Yes it looks like they only have the red one in 32mm in stock atm.

Omg yes I must have missed that! So they both have both sizes. Cool. :)
I found MZ to be quick to deliver and have yet to have any issues Ebay's global shipping however makes one scratch their head in disbeleive as to many times I've see the shipping cost greatly exceed the price of the item and until it's in your cart and the shipping recalculated it just messes people up lol.

@Taylor6357...You really need a windowed piston to take full advantage of a Reed.

My suggestion since you really should replace a piston and cylinder together is just get a cylinder with the 40mm spacing and have a host of much better upgrades available to you.

The zeda80 cylinder is a 47mm bore cylinder so it will work on your motor and the windowed pistons offered come in both the high and low pin versions so that's not an issue.

Again, I don't work for nor am i some secret sales person for zeda motorsports but they offer some nice stuff at very good prices.

Call the number on the site on the home page and leave a message...he will call you back then talk to him...he can do any porting work needed and honestly I'm not sure what port work your friend did but there really isn't too many correct ways to port a 2 stroke cylinder.

You already have alot of other great bolt ons mainly with the head and exhaust..now it's time to put them to good use.

He has the cylinder, the oz Reed and a piston combo deal...ask him to port the cylinder for you...tell him you have a pk80 and I'm sure he will send the correct piston

Order one of the .6" copper head gaskets and then head over to eBay and you can find the mikuni vm18 carb for just under $80.00

Or you can add some torque and throttle response with the small Reed kit and be happy with that.

You basically have $200 plus vs 30 for the small Reed...plus a windowed piston and rings..$25...a stock cylinder $25... Cylinder base gasket and head gasket $10...so really the good stuff isn't that much more...Maybe 125 or slightly more but the difference in power I'm sure would put a big smile on your face.

Last edited:
OIC that big air cleaner under you makes the intake really audible with the exhaust outback and away from you you hear your beveled gears alot to I bet.LOL Yeah that reed would reduce the noise level some and not hurt to gain some bottom end reponce.

I found MZ to be quick to deliver and have yet to have any issues Ebay's global shipping however makes one scratch their head in disbeleive as to many times I've see the shipping cost greatly exceed the price of the item and until it's in your cart and the shipping recalculated it just messes people up lol.
I put together an order of a reed valve, 11t, and head; but the shipping charges didn't get combined or anything, so I'll try adding them in the reverse order.. then I will have to try to get in touch with MZ through the eBay messaging, see if they can do something.
At the moment it's £58 for the goods +£65 shipping +£9 import tax. :confused:
Ludicrous shipping charges is why I only got a head from them before now. :rolleyes:

So if I or the OP gets a 32mm MZ reed valve and drill out/replace the piston, do we need to add a boost port, or build up the intake port walls with JB Weld, or anything like that? :)

OIC that big air cleaner under you makes the intake really audible with the exhaust outback and away from you you hear your beveled gears alot to I bet.LOL Yeah that reed would reduce the noise level some and not hurt to gain some bottom end reponce.
I'm boxing the huge air filter in Correx, and possibly some around the engine with a Teflon coated fabric lining. I should have the Correx tomorrow, hopefully. :)
Bevel gears are not too noisy but I'm breaking in so mainly using lower RPM.
Anything to increase stealth is good for me, but better hill climbing would be a great bonus. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back