Slowly but surely . . .

Randall

So I lined up both sprockets ok (CVT and Rear), but there is just a bit of binding (might be off just a hair).
Question: Could I put some washers behind the rear sprocket to take out the 16th or 32nd of an inch without
weakening that area?

FNTPuck

So I lined up both sprockets ok (CVT and Rear), but there is just a bit of binding (might be off just a hair).
Question: Could I put some washers behind the rear sprocket to take out the 16th or 32nd of an inch without
weakening that area?
Yep, that's what I did. I just used quality steel washers and TQ'd them down nice and tight with blue loctite. Cheap chinese washers are often not perfectly flat or even the same thickness which would cause sprocket misalignment so I bought some nice ones from Ace.

I had to make a 1/2" aluminum hub spacer for the chain to clear my tire, but it was still just barely touching when the chain moved and getting black dust everywhere so added a single washer under each sprocket bolt and its perfect now. You could also tack-weld the metal plates from a stock rag joint kit together and sand em flat as well and use that as a spacer for the sprocket if needed - its slightly thicker than a washer and would be a full surface to contact instead of just the 5-6 washers. Depending on your sprocket you would need to drill new holes though.

Randall

Yep, that's what I did. I just used quality steel washers and TQ'd them down nice and tight with blue loctite. Cheap chinese washers are often not perfectly flat or even the same thickness which would cause sprocket misalignment so I bought some nice ones from Ace.

I had to make a 1/2" aluminum hub spacer for the chain to clear my tire, but it was still just barely touching when the chain moved and getting black dust everywhere so added a single washer under each sprocket bolt and its perfect now. You could also tack-weld the metal plates from a stock rag joint kit together and sand em flat as well and use that as a spacer for the sprocket if needed - its slightly thicker than a washer and would be a full surface to contact instead of just the 5-6 washers. Depending on your sprocket you would need to drill new holes though.
Perfect, thanks!