Smoked my Spark Plug Cable...

So I just got done with a 15 mile wide open throttle the whole way ride... I stopped and my spark plug boot was smoking. The red it used to be turned grey! I went to take a pic and realized I left my phone at work. Gonna be a 60 mile day boys! BRB

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220425-214056.png
    Screenshot_20220425-214056.png
    359.2 KB · Views: 100
Would a colder plug help with not burning spark plug boot up, since porcelain wont get as hot due to the longer length porcelain? Or maybe tune it richer? I'm curious to this?

Would a colder plug help with not burning spark plug boot up, since porcelain wont get as hot due to the longer length porcelain? Or maybe tune it richer? I'm curious to this?
Junk boot... The only time I burned a wire and boot was when I took the Buick on 2 wheels and the gas got on the red hot headers and caught fire... The cops at least waited for me to put out the fire with a sweatshirt before I went to county...🤣

OH man... well... Turns out, I figured out I can go about 50 miles on a 0.4 gallon tank. It is 60 miles back and forth 2 times... so I spent 3 miles on foot then someone I knew passed by. I hid my bike under some brush and got a ride home to my truck... I spent the past 5 hours looking for my phone. Found it...

I am wondering if my spark plug is loose. I will check in a bit. My whole plug on the outside has turned black... I will get some pics here soon.

Plug was tight... Looks good down below. Maybe just a crap plug cable like Mossy said...

Why does it seem that I pick up problems others post about here right after I read them?

Back