Smolik minarelli hybrid motorized bicycle kit.

You are buying performance parts, that's all on you. I'd work the same way. I'm not here to tell you how to build your engine, just sell you what you need. You should know what you are doing before going into high performance building. That's all they are saying. lol
I know I'm jumping in the pool before checking if there is any water...

You Minarelli builders that are in process or have finished a build, how about posting advice, pics, experiences, etc in the Minarelli builders sticky post. Us noob builders could use some input from you experienced builders.

Thanks
CB3

One piece of advice is to belong to smoliks and rdm's facebook pages. I learned alot of tips and procedures to properly build mine, get the most out of it and the guys their are both great when you need help.

One piece of advice is to belong to smoliks and rdm's facebook pages. I learned alot of tips and procedures to properly build mine, get the most out of it and the guys their are both great when you need help.
If you're not on the Facebook and follow along they snub you and won't respond to you... I gave up on a minerelli build after spending $400 on 2 clutch setups and getting an incomplete kit...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220225-090123.png
    Screenshot_20220225-090123.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 111
One piece of advice is to belong to smoliks and rdm's facebook pages.
If you're not on the Facebook and follow along they snub you and won't respond to you
These guys should know better than forcing you to belong to Facebook etc, for advice etc with our bikes when dedicated forums like this exist.

Facebook has a history of playing Hoover vacuum cleaner with all your personal info and tracking you all over the internet like so many other social medias, except that Facebook is one of the worst violators of an individuals privacy rights

That is not worth the price of admission to me for their personal little Smoilk or RDM "clubs"

They respond on facebook pages not messaging. I have had no problems with communication at all.
So they respond only to Facebook then???...Obviously they do not care about you or your privacy rights or the fact they are tracking you everywhere you go on the net then, they only care about just their racing, and internet social media presence to sell their wares and feed their ego's.

EDIT...@Karl Snarl wrote a similar comment about Farcebook here as well and he isn't buying into using social media for answers to our little hobby/sport there either...lol...and based on "likes", neither is Mossy...lol.

These guys should know better than forcing you to belong to Facebook etc, for advice etc with our bikes when dedicated forums like this exist.

Facebook has a history of playing Hoover vacuum cleaner with all your personal info and tracking you all over the internet like so many other social medias, except that Facebook is one of the worst violators of an individuals privacy rights

That is not worth the price of admission to me for their personal little Smoilk or RDM "clubs"
I'm feeling it out... My experience with most of these pro builders is... You're not their buddy, you get the excuses and never end up with what you pay for and not worth the hassle... They want your money and a place to dump there rejected parts and returns... Next year or the year after I might start building something from the parts I have... But only stock motors...

The CDH frame is kinda odd in that its built to different standards. Like the fuel bung is 10x1.5 mm. None of the petcocks I had from years of kits fit. I rethreaded one to fit. The rather expensive but nice engine mount placed the engine too high. 44mm head races took a good bit of filing to get them in. Fuel cap is too deep and had no gasket. Hits the bungs weld before it hits the bungs gasket area. Will probably stack thick leather discs in to space it up and seal it. Not insurmountable issues just pains to deal with.
Positive side the jog modded exhaust fits well even thought it was modded for a cruiser frame.
Jog pipe mounting... did you make the header cut and reuse the flange and 90* that came on the pipe, or did you get another flange and weld it up to new pipe to get it to fit? Like all your work, it's super clean & tight.

Back