So, I'm running a 1mm jet and think I may need to go bigger....

Oh Ive been tempted, trust me lol! It would really help my daily 1000ft climb home from work! I'm scared of grenading the engine though especially as I rely on it for work. Ill have to wait till I get my drivers license back next Feburary to satisfy my need for speed. Got a nice machine waiting for me :D

Bit of a question for anyone reading. When I get between about 45-50kmh and sometimes when under load such as strong head winds etc by bike will kind of jerk backwards and forwards. The drivetrain/engines makes a sought of "WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW..." sounds as this happens. Sometimes it gets quite severe unless I back off or manage to power through it. Any suggestions?

septbikebid09057.jpg

septbikebid09053.jpg

septbikebid09052.jpg

septbikebid09063.jpg

What you are experiencing is overgearing. It is like lugging your car, you have reached a point where the engine no longer has enough power to continually pull the gearing so in essence it is struggling. Just down shift one gear and it should go away.

In your video it also sounded like you were shifting a bit too soon... this could cause lugging. Try shifting a bit later.

I really have no idea what limit I can rev the engine to. It always feels like it wants to keep revving beyond where I back off but I don't want to damage anything.

Pablo. Might it be worth me getting the 9t sprocket down the track? I mean I rarely use 9th as it is.

1st is already pretty **** low. I rarely use it even for taking off. There is only my driveway and one hill on a trail in the national park across the road that I use it for. I just want to get the best performance I can and take full advantage of the bikes gearing.

Back