Speedometer issues

Your washer is too big. it should be about as big as the brass piece inside.
An analog spedo gear really ain't made to be used with your mag wheel. But you know that.

How much of the axle sticks out on the other side? Maybe back that side out and move the axle to the left, it'll give you some extra threads.

Just drop it off at my garage, It'll be ready by the end of the day :ROFLMAO:

How much of the axle sticks out on the other side? Maybe back that side out and move the axle to the left, it'll give you some extra threads.
Chainlube I might be kinda lost, Did she say the spedo gear fits on the wheel but she ain't got enough thread to put on the outside Nut
is that all?

That's a crazy thick washer with the outside nut She can use a flange nut

Attachments

• DSCF2109.JPG
    DSCF2109.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 140
Artmaker said she has to spread the forks to be able to make everything fit.
I was just thinking of a way for her to fit everything without spreading the forks

No on the quick release.... got a bunch of photos.
In order...
Looking at the axle from the side, there is another hole in the fork but now that I look, it's right over the wheel hub so rather useless. MAYBE something could be bolted to that, not sure what, or why that's even there. Next shot looking down (the wheel is not on tight so if it looks out of align that's why, it's just kinda setting in place for now.)
Then me holding this piece where it's suppose to go. To pull the fork wide enough to get it in there, tough enough as that is, doesn't leave enough room for the nut. And no I would NOT trust using locktite as a replacement for a wheel nut. Not even on a non motorized bike.

Last two pictures show why I need washers. That part is designed to sit right on the locking nuts on the axle. BUT this axle those nuts span further out than that metal center ring on the part which would just chew this plastic thing up. Bolting the wheel on would crush this plastic thing. So I found washers to stuff inside, and if I could get this on, one on the outside so the force of the locking nut being tightened as hard as I can won't crush the plastic.
BUT all a mute point. Axel is too short to do this.

Would this device still function if I were to simply attach it to the fork ABOVE the axle, then figuring out a way to extend that tab to reach one (gonna call them spokes, but they aren't really.) Anyway the attaching of the tab to one "spoke" isn't the biggest issue. Again I think a good stiff bit of wire would do the job. BUT will this still be at all accurate if it's not mounted directly on the center of the wheel? OR what about that extra hole in the fork? Maybe a long skinny bolt, threaded in from the inside out then put on the wheel, would give me a rod so to speak on which I could attach something else. NO clue how that would work.

Or.... is there a whole other device I could get that doesn't run off the attach something to a spoke idea?

Hi Artmaker, I deleted the first post and simplified it. If I could do this for ya I would.
They said it would take some fabrication to get it to work.
Your spedo gear and the 2 washers = about 5mm thick, I haven't measured it all I'm just guessing
I would shave about 1.25 mm off each nut. The top of the bearing cone nuts and the lock nuts that would give ya enough space.
To shave the nuts, I would use a bench top disc sander and measure with a digital caliper.

But ya say you can spread the forks to make it fit but ya don't have enough thread on the axle left?
Can ya use a Flange Nut instead of the stock nut and that very thick washer? Will that give ya enough threads?

P.S. I wish you Hubby well

Ok, at least I know what that's for now. (Wondering why on an over 500 dollar bike frame it wasn't included.)

Know what? As much as I LOVE these analog things, I think I'll save this one for when I get my first bike running again.
Meanwhile I went ahead and ordered a digital one. Now all I have to "fabricate" is how to attach the magnets to that odd wheel, and close enough together to work. I'm sure that's possible. I can't see any way to do this analog one. Darn shame. But... I know already, those things can't handle motorized speeds for very long. The one on my now not running bike, the speedometer just flips back and forth. Odometer is ok, but forget about speed.

Back