Sportster gas tank

I have been wanting to build one for a year but have been money constrained since I have mostly retired,would need to buy a welder and accessories and I am sure other things.
Someone could make some money if they could design some and have the Chinese build them that look good.
I dont think you could make them here for a price point that would sell well.

I have been wanting to build one for a year but have been money constrained since I have mostly retired,would need to buy a welder and accessories and I am sure other things.
Someone could make some money if they could design some and have the Chinese build them that look good.
I dont think you could make them here for a price point that would sell well.
Once I have a bit more time and a better facility I'm gonna experiment with making gas tanks with hydro forming. If I can get a good thing going I'll start to sell them

I think that tank I posted with about 2 inches cut out of the front of the tank tapering down towards the middle would look good,for some reason my OCD really flairs up on gas tanks.

I think I am going to paint my stock tank to match my frame and see how that looks,maybe it wound not stand out so bad.

I think it is time to take the motorcycle out and head to the mountains,the pollen is real bad right now though.
I need to run the old gas out and get some fresh in it.

Look at the monkey bike tanks on ebay or amazon. They hold a gallon, are not too high or too long. I tried a motorcycle tank in the past but the forks kept hitting them when I turned, this was from the length of the tank.

That's a monkey bike tank I have on my avatar bike, you can look into my media file for a full view.

Back