Still looking for a round tank.

PVC / CPVC Gas tank?

I agree. It has a lot of appeal, but doesn't have the flexability of the red plastic gas cans and boat fuel tanks.

The dome end caps would make for a nice tank behind the seat. Paint to match the bike?

I have some scrap fitttings and pipe to make up test tanks.

Will advise the result.

Jim

I received the two Mini-kegs from Midwest Supplies. There are about 9 3/4" end to end and 6 1/2" in diameter.

Think I will use them as long trip tanks and make a V8 Tank for shorter trips.

I need to test the rubber in the bungs to see if they swell wt. gas? I didn't expect the 2nd bung for the outlet at the bottom. The top bung comes with a plastic plug to just keep junk out. The top bungs had to be ordered separately. If the rubber isn't compatible, guess I will have to solder SS plates over them.

Jim

Dang Jim, sorry about that. For the record, I'm a homebrewer myself (another expensive and addictive hobby) and the last time I bought some of those kegs from those guys they didn't have that 2nd bung in them. For dispensing homebrew, there's a system that only uses the one bung in the end, making the bottom one redundant and pointless. Looks like they've changed suppliers, but didn't change the pictures on the site.

But hey... maybe you can use the existing hole there for the filler? However you end up doing it, I'd love to see some pictures!

I got the motorcycle petcocks from CA today. They have the two inlets, one wt. reserve and then the bottom. Not sure if I will need backing plates on the inside of the keg to support the shell and flatten out the metal for a good seal.

Looking for a stalastic like Blue RTV that will take gasoline exposure? I have copper spray a gasket, but that only fills small inperfictions.

The marine deck fill takes a 2.25" hole and its flange is around 3/4" wide. that could be a problem to get a good seal. They only have three screw holes, but can add more on the drill oress. (glass filled nylon)

Guess the thing to do is jump in and solve one problem at a time.

Will post pictures as I go along and of the finished product.

Jim

Round Tank

Been there done it! Ended up using a Whizzer tank. Have this General moped tank, take a look. No cap or petcock. Surface rust inside but solid tank. Did do the rattel trick with nuts and bolts inside so not to dirty. 14.5"long 6 7/8" wide 5.5" tall tunnel depth 3" deep

Attachments

• champion beadlocks 012.jpg
    champion beadlocks 012.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 370
  • champion beadlocks 013.jpg
    champion beadlocks 013.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 400
  • champion beadlocks 011.jpg
    champion beadlocks 011.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 361
Been there done it! Ended up using a Whizzer tank. Have this General moped tank, take a look. No cap or petcock. Surface rust inside but solid tank. Did do the rattel trick with nuts and bolts inside so not to dirty. 14.5"long 6 7/8" wide 5.5" tall tunnel depth 3" deep
"rattle trick"....so u put nuts and bolts inside a rusted tank & move them around for a fair while?

Epoxy tank interior?

Sears did and may still have a kit for motor cycles and cars (large and small kit) to epoxy coat inside rusty tanks. I have a trail bike that I need to treat the tank as it has a lot of pin holes from rust. (1972 Yamaha 175cc) You might want to consider looking for a kit? J C Whitney may also carry them.

Jim

Thanks jim....i'll try the "rattle trick" first & see how it responds.If i'm not happy i'll research the kits.

fetor

Do a general search for ( tank cream ). Hes right, its a two part resin hardener, or maybe cleaner and coating cant remember. Have to apply under extremely sterile conditions. No rust oil etc. Its white in color and works fantastic, prevents tank from rerusting.:cool: The rattle trick is actually recomended in the directions for the tank cream.

Back