Strange Stories while riding in the wild...

• Thread starter Deleted member 30828
  • Start date
Where i live its absolutely necessary sometimes, and also legal to ride on the sidewalk (even electric and motored under 50cc). People everywhere do so and its common.
I still haven't heard you say what State your in...personally, i would just like to check out the laws in your State regarding your statement that it is quite legal according to State law to ride your motorised bike on the sidewalk, AKA, "pedestrian byways"...DAMIEN

You need to lose the attitude and thinking revving your engine scaring pedestrians on sidewalks is funny. You're talking with riders who've been around for a very long time and are by no means fools or stupid. If this man was scared he would've ran when he first saw you not when he got right beside of you. Your bike is very recognizable, becoming a public nuisance can have consequences other than legal pursuits against you.

Grow up and realize when you're being given helpful advice. Don't make the mistake of saying I wished I'd listened.
I didnt rev my engine and never intend to scare anyone. im not a child. im always curtious of other pedestrians, and use the roads when i can. i thought the situation was funny..maybe its not. whatever.

sometimes a responsible bicyclist needs to make a judgement call if its actually safer for myself and the cars for me to just ride on the sidewalk. it actually says that in the law here regarding bicycles, because many of the roads here are simply not safe for a bicycle, period. which is why i never had any problem with law enforcement.

you on the other hand would probably lock me up for it! 😂 glad u only the police on the internet and not round here in real life!

I still haven't heard you say what State your in...personally, i would just like to check out the laws in your State regarding your statement that it is quite legal according to State law to ride your motorised bike on the sidewalk, AKA, "pedestrian byways"...DAMIEN
i bet you would. gotham city... look it up 😂✌️

I didnt rev my engine and never intend to scare anyone. im not a child. im always curtious of other pedestrians, and use the roads when i can. i thought the situation was funny..maybe its not. whatever.

sometimes a responsible bicyclist needs to make a judgement call if its actually safer for myself and the cars for me to just ride on the sidewalk. it actually says that in the law here regarding bicycles, because many of the roads here are simply not safe for a bicycle, period. which is why i never had any problem with law enforcement.

you on the other hand would probably lock me up for it! 😂 glad u only the police on the internet and not round here in real life!
Only under human power are you a bicycle. Otherwise you're a motorized bicycle/moped.

With an answer like that, i will just assume that it has to be illegal according to YOUR States laws...BTW...I AM a retired police LT...DAMIEN
really? i wouldn't have guessed you of all people are the police! 🤣

i studied the laws. i bet if u looked hard enough to try and discredit my statements you may prove yourself to be right, as authoritarians must always be.

im just saying in my community, regardless of the law, its understood that bicycles, regular/electric/or otherwise, are often better off on the sidewalk, for everyone's benefit and safety, hence the reason they often are, and law enforcement doesn't care.

In CA. we have many bicycle paths and of course sidewalks.
If ya ride your M/B on these paths and sidewalks People will yell at ya and report it to the Cops

One too many people have been scared and too many dogs have been hit or run over by M/B on bike paths and sidewalks.

Ca. is very generous with a bike lane on the road so there is no excuse for riding a M/B on sidewalks
In CA. it's illegal to ride on bike paths and sidewalks with a M/B

I think it's very rude and inconsiderate to think it's funny to scare people with your M/B (n)
Regardless if you think it's OK to ride a M/B on the sidewalk.

Your a new M/B rider if ya think the Cops don't care if ya ride your M/B on the sidewalk. M/B are not Bicycles.

Ive only been riding and building power bikes for about a year now. There have been several strange experiences ive had while riding, but for now ill just share what happened last night.

Roads where i live can be pretty dark with lots of turns and hills, so riding on the sidewalk is often necessary for everyone's safety. So im riding last night on the sidewalk, and i see a man walking towards me. I slow down and pedal while the engine idles. I know he can see me coming, as i have 6 lights on my bike, all on.

The guy is pretty big and tall, and does not appear to have any hesitation about passing. Now my motor and muffler are pretty quiet, especially while idling, so he must not have heard it until he got very close, because just as we were passing in the dark, he looks down at my bike and yells out with total fear ...AARGH! AAAAAARGH!! and takes off. I did the same! LOL 😂 i seriously think the dude might have shat himself 🤣

I think my bike is pretty bad ass...but scary??😳

Just another strange story to add to the list.
Feel free to share your own 😄

View attachment 104832

View attachment 104833
Your story Sucks and your new to M/B riding You need to learn how to ride your M/B responsibly

Back