Stretching frame to fit rear tire. Aligning back tire correctly between frams

I removed the extra nuts and this is what I have right now.
As I mentioned to you in PM...It is going to be off kilter if built the way I did, by about a half inch as you will need one half inch width axle nut to create just enough space for the disk rotor to clear the frame...Any tire bigger than the 1.75 will rub on the right hand side of the frame.

The 1.75 will track correctly, wear evenly etc. but as I have mentioned many times, even something as simple as the air pressure and brand, size and type tire I use are critical to a successful build

As I mentioned to you in PM...It is going to be off kilter if built the way I did, by about a half inch as you will need one half inch width axle nut to create just enough space for the disk rotor to clear the frame...Any tire bigger than the 1.75 will rub on the right hand side of the frame.

The 1.75 will track correctly, wear evenly etc. but as I have mentioned many times, even something as simple as the air pressure and brand, size and type tire I use are critical to a successful build
It's not rubbing on the side of the frame. What I'm worried about is THIS. The tire is not centered in between the tubes. That's not a problem?

Attachments

• 20240314_164426.jpg
    20240314_164426.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 25
And this is not the same as the picture. Much more distance between the middle and the left side

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240314_164703_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240314_164703_Chrome.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 20240314_164713.jpg
    20240314_164713.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 23
It is not a problem with the 1.75...Anything else may well create problems with frame contact like tire flex, PSI heat expansion on the road, etc...Again, as I have said many times already, this is the reason I specifically say 1.75.
I am planning on getting the 1.75.. I'm not trying to explain why I don't need those tires. Until I get them, I'm trying to figure out how to center the wheel. In this case, WITHOUT the disc brake rotor on, the tire is not affecting anything

You do realise that the BBR pic is not an actual photograph but an AI computer generated image...Right???
I assume that it is an accurate representation of the rim I am buying. Yours is the same as mine? The tire is not touching at this very moment so can you explain why it isn't centered? Adding a half nut on the right side will do very little to bring the wheel to the center

Rereading this, it will be off kilter. That's fine? So I can add this half nut to the right side to center it just a little bit more? (Not half inch) Or add a standard nut to the right side?

Then everything should be fine WITH 1.95 tires and NO disc brake rotor UNTIL I get my disc brake situation figured out and my disc brake rotor is OFF

I feel like you're getting really impatient with me, I'm just trying my best to understand.

Attachments

• 20240314_165707.jpg
    20240314_165707.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 14
Back