Stripped stud

mirman

Local time
7:02 PM
I was torquing the head on my Phantom 85 when I believe one of the studs stripped. How can I fix this? I am pretty sure it is stripped in the bottom end.

Helicoil insert

@DAMIEN1307 has done the repair on the Phantom 85 and can show ya what to buy without spending alot of $

Hopefully Damien or another member will chime in shortly with that info

Helicoil Kits range in price but some good inexpensive kits with quality inserts can be bought on Amazon

I was torquing the head on my Phantom 85 when I believe one of the studs stripped. How can I fix this? I am pretty sure it is stripped in the bottom end.
Let's see pics, maybe the stud stripped and not the hole.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
When I pulled the cylinder apart one of the gaskets ripped. Can I put it together with just one or do I need two?
You might be able to get away with it if you use a high heat gasket sealant in between the gaskets and let them set and cure together to turn it into one gasket and then a light amount of that sealant on the bottom and top of the new 2 in one gasket you just made so it seals on both surfaces it will adhere to...I did this once when I had to on one of my motors some years back and it worked just fine for me...It never leaked.

When I pulled the cylinder apart one of the gaskets ripped. Can I put it together with just one or do I need two?

You might be able to get away with it if you use a high heat gasket sealant in between the gaskets and let them set and cure together to turn it into one gasket and then a light amount of that sealant on the bottom and top of the new 2 in one gasket you just made so it seals on both surfaces it will adhere to...I did this once when I had to on one one of my motors some years back and it worked just fine for me...It never leaked.
So I guess it's not good to run just one gasket?

Back