Unbelievable Carbon Fouling!

Look, no more carbon!

Here is before and after pictures of the NE head. Before = stock, After = re-worked combustion chamber.

Attachments

• Mvc-005f.jpg
    Mvc-005f.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 210
  • Mvc-015f.jpg
    Mvc-015f.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 195
The reworked head looks sweet. All those crazy angles are gone now. It will be much better than stock.

Jim

What A Difference!

HEY QUENTON:

Is that Oscar's head?

(I assume it is...)

What do you presume the compression ratio will be now, as compared to stock?

I know that your reworking the combustion chamber and the thicker copper gasket will subtract from the theoretical compression increase due to the milling, but I should still feel more torque now.

HAL

Hi Hal,

No it isn't oscar's head, but you are next. I already started on it, and will see the mill later today. I have 7 heads on my bench at the moment. I will send picture of Oscar's top with 3 more I already started. The stock compression is less than 6 X 1, and the finished head will be above 7 X 1. Somewhere in my computer are the actual numbers, but I don't have a clue where. The combustion area holds 34 CC on a stock head and the re-worked head will be below 29 CC. The copper head gasket is thicker so it will reduce the compression some. Most motors end up with approx. 110 to 115 pounds of compression as compaired to the stock 85 to 90 pounds. You will notice the difference in both mid range torque and it will idle smoother.

Have fun,

Attachments

• Mvc-020f.jpg
    Mvc-020f.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 191
Hey Q:

(Those all look like NE heads).

I don't understand how a SINGLE would idle smoother after a compression increase from a milled head.

I would think you would have to compensate for the stiffer compression stroke by adding flywheel mass!

At my altitude of 3000 feet, the atmospheric pressure is 13.17 PSI, which means a 7:1 compression ratio will give me a cylinder pressure of 92 PSI, which is just a little over a STOCK pressure at sea level of 88 PSI, WITHOUT milling the head!

(Here I go...about to be educated again, in spite of my 24 cars and 7 motorcycles! How can a Whizzer owner survive without a Forum like this?)

HAL

Last edited:
Hi Hal & Oscar,

The logic is very simple. Take a good running motor with the correct compression, and reduce it. The end result is a motor that idles poorly. When I re-work and mill the head it puts it back to where it should be.

Have fun,

Hi Hal & Oscar,

The logic is very simple. Take a good running motor with the correct compression, and reduce it. The end result is a motor that idles poorly. When I re-work and mill the head it puts it back to where it should be.

Have fun,

I can vouch for that. Since fitting the re-worked head on mine,"Torque Monster" idles beautifully.

Back