Using Cordless Batteries For Their MB?

You could also use there m12 batterys. They make them up to 6ah. In reality a 3ah battery should be plenty to power a starter (if the thing is tuned correctly)

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
When the parts for electric start arrives, I'll compare its OEM flywheel with my shiny flywheel.

According to research, a removable starter ring gear bolts onto the OEM flywheel.

If I can attach the ring gear onto my shiny aluminum flywheel, I'll be a happy camper!:)

Then I don't need to spend $220 for the shiny ARC electric start flywheel.
The people at ARC were unable to mount two reluctors onto this flywheel.
Therefore, the ARC flywheel cannot use a charging coil.
It will not charge the battery or provide electricity to run lights on a bike.

No charging coil is needed on my mb.
I'll use my Milwaukee M18 battery to start the engine and power the lights.

Then I'll charge the batteries at home. :)

Don’t use a resistor to drop voltage just wasting power. Use a regulator. 6Ahr battery would discharge in about 30 hrs without even being used by just having that resistor in the circuit.

Don’t use a resistor to drop voltage just wasting power. Use a regulator. 6Ahr battery would discharge in about 30 hrs without even being used by just having that resistor in the circuit.

That's only if the circuit is closed.

There is no resistance in an open circuit.

It's as simple as installing the resistor beyond the main switch, like right next to the starter's solenoid.

BTW, I installed a battery disconnect switch to the solenoid.
There's also anti-theft feature, so the starter and ignition can't be hot-wired.

There are many components offering resistance in a car's electrical system.

However, all of them are controlled by various switches, disconnecting them from power.

Using an ohm meter, if you were to search for electrical resistance at the battery, you'd find nothing.

If you did, it would eventually drain the battery.

Last edited:
Back