v-twin 2 stroke?

This is as far as I got:

After buying two 80cc engine kits, I got two bolt-on Happy Time engine motor mounting plates made for OCCC chopper bikes. Then I bought an 1/8" steel plate. Also acquired was an engine plate for 4-stroke engine.

Having two HT engines side-by-side made for a wide package. Having centrifugal clutches would've simplified engines' operation, but make for an even wider setup. A jackshaft was needed; freewheel sprockets would work to separate each engine's chain action. However, centrifugal clutches and pull starters would then be necessary.

That's where I abandoned the twin-engine project. At that time, shift kits were not offered yet, so a single rear sprocket woud have been necessary.

Looking back in retrospect, the flimsy OCCC engine mounts would not have been sturdy enough for the project.

thanks for replying it does sound like a lot of work and cash for mimum resuelts

ive been toying with this idea for a while....have a few basic plans worked out regards angles and layouts...

the basic deal is this... you can buy a 4stroke kit for 4-600 dollars, a ht 2 stroke for nothing... how much would you pay for limited run, "replica" vtwin engine? that harley sound, with a 45` angle, or ducati with a 90`...

lets say, my first one would be priceless, the second would be ornamental, the third and fourth would get destroyed in testing, then after that, with all the jigs and assorted flotsam sorted... $1500+ a pop

ever since i started on pushies, i have dreamt of a nice, reliable 50cc vtwin. a HT style...intended for a pushy! a two speed box! no freakin stuffin around, mounts as easy as pie, starts everytime! then...maybe...cheap chinese manufacturing :eek:

bringing the total to $500 a go but is the market big enough?

or even....just a 4stroke conversion for a ht?!?!? its possible...i reckon it is anyways. user would have to file a notch in the case for a gear though... and oil changes could be a bit tricky with no plug...

problem with selling an engine for use on public roads is getting the epa/carb cert to allow you to do so.
Ask Jesse James of west coast choppers about that fact....

If you are interested in a 2-stroke Happy Time V-twin engine, just send me a PM and i'll send back a link, taking you to someone who is making this design available for purchase.

This is as far as I got:

After buying two 80cc engine kits, I got two bolt-on Happy Time engine motor mounting plates made for OCCC chopper bikes. Then I bought an 1/8" steel plate. Also acquired was an engine plate for 4-stroke engine.

Having two HT engines side-by-side made for a wide package. Having centrifugal clutches would've simplified engines' operation, but make for an even wider setup. A jackshaft was needed; freewheel sprockets would work to separate each engine's chain action. However, centrifugal clutches and pull starters would then be necessary.

That's where I abandoned the twin-engine project. At that time, shift kits were not offered yet, so a single rear sprocket woud have been necessary.

Looking back in retrospect, the flimsy OCCC engine mounts would not have been sturdy enough for the project.

I actually found someone who accomplished this. Not mine BTW

http://forums.sohc4.net/index.php?topic=94046.75 Pics11426.jpg

That is an awesome inline twin cylinder Happy-Time engine.

We need more people designing these concepts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who created that inline engine? - i want to research it's design.
That's the first time I saw that twin.
www.BigBoyCycles.com made a side by side twin with 2 50cc like that
and I saw and heard it at Grange Motor Circuit in October 2011.
Bike was called "Double trouble"

I have posted it here on this forum before but will add some pics.

dump-659.jpg

Last edited:
Back