What do i need to make a key or push button starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
The stock one is #70, so maybe a #72 or #75. I gotta say that it's unusual, most of the time the stock #70 is too rich and they need to go down. Are you certain you don't have any vacuum leaks anywhere? Does it go into low idle alright?
I don't think I have any vacuum leaks and no I've been having a problem getting to go into low idle alright. It idles at high rpms for a bit and then slowly goes down to low idle

There's your lean burning situation right there. You have to loosen off all the bolts and turn the engine level in the frame. The little float is always going to float up in a level position because it isn't pinned to the bowl.
This bike actually runs great. I dont have any problems with it running that way and it actually is like this when it's on the ground except I did move the carburetor from the left to the right side. Its not as bad as it looks. Lol I have it up in a jack cuz the shifter kit broke my cassette and I'm waiting for another to come in the mail.
20200303_043614.jpg

I don't think I have any vacuum leaks and no I've been having a problem getting to go into low idle alright. It idles at high rpms for a bit and then slowly goes down to low idle
RPM problems could mean a small vacuum leak. One good test is to start the engine and then hold your hand close around the head and see if you can feel any air shooting out from around the head gasket. Stock heads don't always seal well.

You could get a Huffy Davidson CDI which has a key for security but you still have to pedal to start it

Hello could you let me know how the pull start works for you I had nothing but problems thank you good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back