What is top RPM of Hua Sheng?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8310
  • Start date
You'll know what the right sprocket combination is for your bike soon enough. I'd like to see pictures of it. Have you posted any pics anywhere mmachine?

In my last post talk of a 600' hill but left out the word STEEP, the hill was
VERY steep. I should post a pic of that!

The bike is average so didn't do the 1st build post. Also it hasn't been made
pretty yet because not sure if a friend is going to buy it and not wanting to
put even more hours into it if he is. Might put up a pic tommorrow.

Friend rode it today and grinning from ear to ear. He said there has to be a
market for these just let people take a ride. My comeback was the perception
of price put out by $100 HT kit promos. Unless people understand the long
term value of these 4 strokes they won't pay the extra price we ask. Curious
what experience others have had building and selling 4 stroke bikes. I have
no interest in the 2 strokes.

Not trying to be offensive toward HT's it's just different strokes for different
folks.

Last edited by a moderator:
the bike in question

Irish John

Here's a pic of the boring to look at but super fun to ride bike, my 1st build.
Still waiting on that tach.

Attachments

• bike_1st_build.jpg
    bike_1st_build.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 469
got the tach

Tach finally arrived and my bike's setup is matching the gear ratio calculator
exactly. Just brought it up to 32mph with the tach at 6240 but it doesn't
want to go much more than that.

Is that a 56T sprocket on the back mmachine? If so have you tried a 48T or maybe a 50T? Nice clean looking build and comfy looking too.

Yea John that's a 56t. After posting yesterday a (dim) light went off in my
head as I realized that my previous speed test was done the a 48t:rolleyes:

A 50t would be ideal for me if keeping it but think friend who's twice my
weight and no need for speed may buy it. With that assumption going to finish
the bike for him and will post when done.

Been waiting for a couple months on clamshell adapt for cruiser project. Hope
it comes soon as that's the build I'm most interested in.

Weeeeeee.

Yes you are correct! The 44 tooth gear on the H.S. is way to tall of a gear. I needed a down hill slope to get into the powerband! After reaching the power band it worked well, But I can't peddle fast enought to get it up to the power band! I did get it to go 49 MPH. I am currently waiting for the 50 tooth rear gear!
To the orignal poster! Remember when you deal with a centrifical cluch like the one in the Skyhawk transmission, There is an amout of loss due to a slipping cluch! I kind figure it is about ten perscent! (educated guess)
If you like to run at high RPM, try the long poo poo pipe from www.bicycle-engines.com. It takes a small bit of the low end but at top speed, it works great!

We knew about the 44t being too small way back last year - once you get too small a sprocket everything compounds the problem. The engine struggles at a much higher speed because of it and you can't get pedal cadence easily to assist at that speed. Also a head wind will stop a 44T dead on the Hs. A 50T suits the HS and a 48T suits the Honda on almost all roads but there are very steep hills that the 4 stroke can't cope with no matter what sprocket you use but these hills are not ioften encountered.
Once the revs are up there should be absolutely no clutch slipping on the centrifugal. That was only a problem we had when we ran the gearboxes wet or had a 44T sprocket or both.
Regards the long exhaust I have not noticed any power difference between the short or the long exhaust and drilling holes makes no difference to performance but the long exhaust gives a better 4-stroke sound and is a tad louder - it has no baffles in it so that probably explains its louder note.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Irish, I'm thinking of going to a 50- as you know, I have the Honda and run a 48. My losing just a touch of top speed doesn't bother me, but I would like a little more torque down low. I'm just wondering if the 2 tooth difference would be noticeable- with this, I am thinking of going with a Manic Mechanic sprocket adapter. Thoughts?

Hey Irish, I'm thinking of going to a 50- as you know, I have the Honda and run a 48. My losing just a touch of top speed doesn't bother me, but I would like a little more torque down low. I'm just wondering if the 2 tooth difference would be noticeable- with this, I am thinking of going with a Manic Mechanic sprocket adapter. Thoughts?

Hi Houghmade, don't know about the Manic Mechanic sprocket adaptor but a 50T isn't hard to find - they come with new G4 Grubee kits. Your top speed will be a tad less and revs a tad higher but you'll get a discernable amount of increased pull low end. It's worth trying and I'm keen to know the result on your GXH50. If you love it I'll probably join you. You'll need a new chain to fit it and if you change chain you might change the drive sprocket for a new one as well. I think you may well like the 50T.

Back