What is top RPM of Hua Sheng?

• Thread starter Deleted member 8310
  • Start date
ps. i think the reason for the 50 and 56 tooth sprocket are so it will run 25 mph full out, they are gearing them down to meet state laws.
Indiana and other states laws say.

"INDIANAPOLIS, IN - The Indiana State Police Peru District would like to remind Hoosiers who use scooters, mopeds, and electric mini- motorcycles the laws that govern these motorized devises.

“Motorized bicycle” defined

“Motorized bicycle” means a two or three wheeled vehicle that is propelled by an internal combustion engine or a battery powered motor, and if powered by an internal combustion engine, has the following:

1. An engine rating of not more than two horsepower and a cylinder capacity not exceeding fifty cubic centimeters.
2. An automatic transmission.
3. A maximum design speed of not more than twenty-five miles per hour on a flat surface.

Restrictions on speed, location, and operator of motorized bicycles

A motorized bicycle may not be operated under any of the following conditions:

1. By a person less than fifteen years of age.
2. By a person who has not obtained an identification card, a learners permit, an operator’s license, a chauffeur’s license, or a public passenger chauffeur’s license.
3. On an interstate highway or a sidewalk.
4. At a speed greater than twenty-five miles per hour. "

Protective gear required for motorized bicycles

A person less than eighteen years of age who operates or rides a motorized bicycle on a street or highway shall do the following:

1. Wear protective headgear meeting the minimum standards set the license bureau or a helmet that meets the standards established by the United States Department of Transportation. They must also wear protective glasses, goggles, or a transparent face shield.

ps. i think the reason for the 50 and 56 tooth sprocket are so it will run 25 mph full out, they are gearing them down to meet state laws.

They don't really gear them up or down Don because the designer has never really ridden one of these bikes. It is a hit and miss affair with the Mark1 4G so badly geared that it was slow at peak revs. The reduction of the second pulley wheel on the Mark 2 has helped but they also reduced the drive sprocket from 11T freewheel to 10T rigid so that got rid of most of the benefits in a flash.
Every gearbox Grubee have ever supplied have come in kits with a rear sprocket way too large for the gearbox. They don't listen to what the users say and they NEVER ride these things, they cannot do the maths nor would they ever deem to ask any of the people at MBc who could do the maths for them.
The reason people are breaking their engines nowadays is because the gear reduction ratio is so bad you have to run about at peak revs just to get anywhere at all and driving at peak revs takes it toll. The only consistent thing about Grubee is their incompetence and contempt for their customers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back To The Coast!

John I think was a coast watcher in WWII. Still has the fire in his belly to set things right.

Unfortunately the design people don't speak or understand English.

This isn't just limited to MB products. Just look a websites like: http://www.dealextreme.com/
They are only sellers, no warranty. If a problem, you ship it to them (at your expense) and they forward it to the manufacture inside of China and who knows if you will get any satisfaction.

For one, I take a chance on the $5 cell and camera batteries over the $40 OEM ones and am happy if 3 out of 4 are good?

It says a lot about my wiliness to buy cheap over quality.

The US could (and maybe does) build a kit that is both serviceable and quality, but with competition from India, Korea, Japan and China the volume of sales doesn't pay to keep the doors open.

Look at the problems Manic Mechanic has had. He seems to have dropped several items that solved a China problem, but volume didn't make it worthwhile to produce?

Products I sold for 40 years are all made in China or Mexico. Nothing new from R & D in last 10 years as the R & D departments were closed in the US and the foreign plants just keep making the product they were given from the US.

Sad state of affairs.

Jim

There's a guy around here who sells the worst 2-stroke kits on supermarket bikes for $800 and people come to me to have them fixed because they break up usually in first week of use but some make it to as much as 9 days. They are really write-offs and not worth fixing. That means to keep one running will cost you $3,200 a month to buy 4 of them and say $40 tipping fees every month at the dump.
My bikes come with 12 month unlimited warranty and a 4-stroke starts at $2950 incl custom paint job, decals etc and all the extras needed to make it a really roadworthy bike. It's all good quality but people think it's too much money.
I recently helped build a rear engined 4-stroke from Powercycle Australia that was actually unbuildable. All the essential components weren't in the kit and weren't meant to be either. The bolts from the engine were too thin to support it on a frame so I had to redrill and replace all of those. I actually basically had to fabricate everything apart from the engine itself. The wires from the throttle didn't reach the motor because they were made for a frame-mount kit. There were no instructions. I posted a page on my blog about how terrible they are and included links to all the findings against them for breaching the Fair Trade Act 1999. these charlatans deserve no sympathy. They prey upon the gullible and uninitiated and I'm glad that now that anyone types 'Powercycle Australia' into a search engine my page will come up to warn them.
This is an extreme case I must admit but a while back I saw this Forum getting hijacked my lying idiots talking up their products and suddenly the truth seemed to become a rarety so that's why I write what I write because I resent the bulldust.

There's a guy around here who sells the worst 2-stroke kits on supermarket bikes for $800 and people come to me to have them fixed because they break up usually in first week of use but some make it to as much as 9 days. They are really write-offs and not worth fixing. That means to keep one running will cost you $3,200 a month to buy 4 of them and say $40 tipping fees every month at the dump.
My bikes come with 12 month unlimited warranty and a 4-stroke starts at $2950 incl custom paint job, decals etc and all the extras needed to make it a really roadworthy bike. It's all good quality but people think it's too much money.
I recently helped build a rear engined 4-stroke from Powercycle Australia that was actually unbuildable. All the essential components weren't in the kit and weren't meant to be either. The bolts from the engine were too thin to support it on a frame so I had to redrill and replace all of those. I actually basically had to fabricate everything apart from the engine itself. The wires from the throttle didn't reach the motor because they were made for a frame-mount kit. There were no instructions. I posted a page on my blog about how terrible they are and included links to all the findings against them for breaching the Fair Trade Act 1999. these charlatans deserve no sympathy. They prey upon the gullible and uninitiated and I'm glad that now that anyone types 'Powercycle Australia' into a search engine my page will come up to warn them.
This is an extreme case I must admit but a while back I saw this Forum getting hijacked my lying idiots talking up their products and suddenly the truth seemed to become a rarety so that's why I write what I write because I resent the bulldust.

Too much BS on the forums is why I shelved all my projects/products for these small engines/motored bikes and went back to private R&D.

No one seems to want to pay for quality.
Not surprising when engine makers like robin advertise lies about their engines having chrome/steel cylinder liners when they don't. The truth in advertising laws extend to the internet.But they managed to program some zealots into beleiving it, so by internet default (if its on the net its true rule...) its now fact.:unsure:

Back