Why do you ride a motorized bicycle?

Why?

Because around here, I'm the only one.

Because I found out that it's cheaper to ride to downtown to pay utility bills than it is to buy postage stamps and mail them in. (I burn $0.24 in gas at the current rate of $3.499 a gallon to go downtown)

Because it's So. Freaking. Cool. I get more attention than guys on choppers. Old dudes saying "I haven't seen anything like that for 30 years".

I love to hear that piston port 2 stroke sound.

And of course... I did the math... compared to my truck, a 1989 C1500 with the 5.7 engine and a manual transmission, I burn so little fuel. It costs enough to drive the truck that if I rode my motored bike to work, to the store, and to my girlfriend's house instead of the V8 monster, I could save money even if I had to replace the HT engine once a month.

-Mark

I havent riden yet sorry not done with conversion lol. I like noise from gear drives,blowers,2 strokes ect. I remember the sound of the first blower car i heard 24 yrs ago and ive wanted one ever since. 2 yrs ago I heard what i thought was a remote controlled airplane getting louder and louder ,then i noticed a guy on a bike coming down the road and the noise was coming from him. Blew me away never seen anything like it and i knew i had to have one. The 4 strokes are probably less troublesome and more reliable but its that sound of the 2 stroke that got me, had to go that way.

I don't ride one, yet. Still working on my trike build. I want one for various practical reasons - fuel economy, convenience, etc. But why do I REALLY want one? Because it looks like so darned much fun. I had a motorized scooter as a little boy, and used to run all over the countryside with that thing. I freakin' loved that scooter! Even when I nearly killed myself on it, I still loved it, and spent WEEKS begging, pleading, anf cajoling my Mom into letting me and Dad rebuild it.

Later on, I built a Cushman trailmaster into a seriously fast (dangerously fast), totally illegal, awesomely fun scoot - I could get that no suspension water pipe framed beast to 60 mph. Stopping it was a whole 'nother matter. Three different delta trikes (one Subaru 360 powered, one VW powered, one Wisconsin water cooled V4 powered) in college, plus a hovercraft that I nearly killed myself with doing stupid stunts, and various custom vehicles since.

None have ever been as nuch fun as that first scooter - feet 3 inches off the road, 25-30 mph down country roads, bugs in my teeth cause I couldn't quit grinning! I want that feeling back.

I've just got 30KM on mine so far, but I'll be commuting on mine [13KM each way]. I figure it will take about 47 days to pay for itself in fuel savings alone... [assuming nothing goes wrong with it...]

I originally planned on riding mine just to save gas, but now I ride it just because it's so much fun. I'm always trying to think of somewhere to go just so I can ride it.

Back