Why not protest?

well, here's my story.
I got my first motorized 2 wheeler when i was 7 years old. It was a Rupp roadster mini-bike with a 3 h.p. techumseh motor on it. after that, i moved to a yamaha YZ 80, then on to a kawasaki kx 80, kx 125, suzuki rm 125, and finally am rm 250. all before i was 16 years old.
I have ridden MANY motorcycles, street and dirt and i was taught right from the begining how to respect the power than these things make. I have ridden street bikes, drag bikes, harley's, ducati's, flat track bikes in the range of 100 c.c. up to 1300 c.c.'s.
i currently own a 1966 triumph 650 Bonneville that is not stock by any means, and i also own a 1974 Kawasaki 100 c.c. enduro.
I am a hot rodder and currently own a 1955 pontiac that i built and customized myself. I have built and owned drag cars, fast street cars, and all kinds of interesting things.
Never once have i crashed on a motorcycle, and never once have i gotten into an accident. I've had my share of tickets in my life, but none for excessive speed or wreckless driving. i am now 41 years old, and i would say that so far in my life, i've done a lot of things that others only dream about doing. part of it is tho, is that i was taught right at a very early age how to respect horsepower and speed.
I'm looking at things a lot dofferent than you. I look at things and think "how can i customize that? how can i make it have more power?"
That's just me, and that's how i was brought up.

Nothing wrong with being taught right from a young age to do things right and no substitute for experience.There are many Including myself who had to learn the hard way and not get a chance until later In life.Since you like to hot rod and customize things you should be able to understand why I feel like 40 to 50 mph Is not fast on a bike provided you got a quality frame.First time I rode a motorcycle I was on a 250 and negotiated a steep turn too far.I slid out.Nothing fatal.Just a bruised ego.But some people like myself had to do these things later In life being the people who raised me never let me ride a motorcycle or drive a car.I won't get Into details or a sob story.But let's just say when I turned 16 and ran away from home I was happy and to this day at 36 years of age I do not miss my family or regret leaving.I only one question? When you first learned how to ride as a kid did you ever have a wreck? If not I want to commend you cuz even motorcycle racing professionals have accidents.Many people like myself had to learn how to respect horsepower and speed at a later age.Anyways,I noticed In your posts your first bikes were not 1000 cc bikes but 80 cc up to 250 cc.Your parents were wise enough To start you on the right motorcycle.I only started riding 2 years ago and I am comfortable up to a 500cc.But you got a lot more experience than me from your childhood.Now maybe you understand For people who did not grow up on motorcycles like yourself why I recommend a 250 cc as a beginner bike.

wow, this is crazy i guess.
Yes, i look at this as being underground because there are a lot of m.b.'s out there, but how often do you see them?
You don't see them on the roads as much as you see mopeds and motorcycles.
(not here anyway).
I guess i might be looking at this from a diofferent point of view because i do not have to rely on my m.b. for transportation.
I have cars and motorcycles and my m.b. is just for fun.
Plus, i live in a very rural area where you can ride golf carts and 4 wheelers on the roads all the time.
If i had to rely on a m.b. for every day transportation, i think i would look for something better to get me around.
as for motorcycles and people having limits on what c.c.'s they can handle...that's all bunk too.
you can put a new rider on a 1000 c.c. bike, but it's the twist of his wrist on the throttle that puts him in danger. you don't have to ride 125 mph on a 1000 c.c. bike. if taught right, and taught to respect the power, anyone can ride any size motorcycle out there.
for me, this m.b. thing is all for fun and I want to keep it that way.
when these things start to become more common knowledge to the public, then we will have major problems. people in the U.S. can't seem to mind their own business when they should.
some soccer mom sees a guy riding a m.b. down her street and the next thing you know, she's calling the cops because she's in fear for the guys safety.
well, it's up to the rider to decide his safety, not the nosey soccer mom.
people in the U.S. are getting too nosey and they are worrying too much about what everyone else is doing.

Simple answer to your comment that anyone can ride a 1000 cc and up bike.It takes time and skill to learn how to gas and use the throttle.People who rode since childhood This Is second nature.People who are adults usually take a motorcycle safety class.Tell that to the countless dead who hopped on a motorcycle without proper Instruction and they throttled once too quick or made too sharp a turn.Just because you have mastered a motorcycle does not mean others have.I do not see why you do not competitely race being you are that good.I mean quenton on here Was a professional racer and has had accidents.You surely are better than him:bowdown: And by the way a moped Is a bicycle with 17 to 20 Inch wheels and pedals.A scooter Is Without pedals usually 50cc to 200cc.And a motorcycle.Well we know what that Is.There are very few mopeds on the road and I think you may be mistaken a scooter for a moped.And you being a pro on this stuff should know there are mopeds,scooters,and motorcycles.A motorized bicycle = A moped.Don't believe me?Look under the dmv manuals or check on the Internet or moped army. a motorized bicycle Is a moped.Plain and simple

Last edited:
you are exactly right... thats just you. Not everybody is you, and not everybody is qualified or responsible enough for that honda 1100 rr.

Let it die... please stop beating the dead horse.

Read his earlier post and you will see he started on a 80 cc 125 cc and 250 cc.Not some 1100 kawa ninja.This guy Is stretching the truth somewhere.He states anyone can ride a 1100 cc no prob.I Disagree.This guy should get Into racing motorcycles.He would be unstoppable:bowdown:.I have reviewed all his posts and I smell something stinky:poop::poop::poop:.Now some young kid gonna try out a ninja 1100 and get killed cuz he seen this post where this guy recommends starting on a touchy throttled 170 mph speed demon.

Motored psycho,Post all you want.I am debating about moped and motored bike laws not about starting on a 1100cc crotch rocket.Yet you started on a 80cc 125 cc and 250 cc.You think If you started on a 1100 cc as a kid you would still be able to say you can start on anything.You been lucky with no accidents and I commend you.But,Telling people who never had a lot of experience on motorcycles or limited exp like myself to jump on a 1100 ninja or higher and It's all about throttle Is like playing russian roulette.I wish you well and hold no grudge.Not my place to judge.But,If you cannot debate on the original thread I made and just keep beating a dead horse motorcycle Issue In the dirt.I cannot reply to you no more.This Is motored bike forum.Not kawasaki or triumph forum.And I hope you come to realize that a moped and motorized bicycle are the same.Look up the whizzer bike and you will see It's a moped.Just like what most people In here ride.I thank you for your opinion.But,Am tired of hearing about your perfect life that you have lived and I think you lie a lot being your posts are Inconsistant.Not to mention judgemental.This Is a way of life for me not a hobby or a toy.

no, what i said was that i started out on a 3 h.p. rupp roadster mini bike, and then moved up to an 80 c.c. and eventually more c.c.'s as time went on.
True, not everyone can start out on an 1000 c.c. bike, BUT...if they are taught from the begining, before they ever get on that 1000 c.c. bike, to respect it's power, then they can ride it.
Now, i didn't mean to sound like they could just jump on it and go right from the beginning, there would have to be some learning involved, but that does not mean that the person needs to start out on a 250 c.c. bike.
To answer your question, yes i have crashed on motorcycles, but never anything serious. just a wipe out here or there caused by myself. i never hurt anyone, or endangered anyone elses life in the process.
No, i should not be a racer because i do not take it that serious...i just do it for fun.
something stinks huh??

no, what i said was that i started out on a 3 h.p. rupp roadster mini bike, and then moved up to an 80 c.c. and eventually more c.c.'s as time went on.
True, not everyone can start out on an 1000 c.c. bike, BUT...if they are taught from the begining, before they ever get on that 1000 c.c. bike, to respect it's power, then they can ride it.
Now, i didn't mean to sound like they could just jump on it and go right from the beginning, there would have to be some learning involved, but that does not mean that the person needs to start out on a 250 c.c. bike.
To answer your question, yes i have crashed on motorcycles, but never anything serious. just a wipe out here or there caused by myself. i never hurt anyone, or endangered anyone elses life in the process.
No, i should not be a racer because i do not take it that serious...i just do it for fun.
something stinks huh??

Since you stated this and clarified some posts you have written I take back saying something stinks and thank you for your clarification of your earlier posts.I am glad you stated learning Is Involved and not everyone can jump on a 1000 cc or larger bike without learning.I stay within a 250 to 500 cc range cuz I know my limits and only rode motorcycles maybe once or twice a week for the last 2 years.I thank you for clearing up the confusion.

The bikes to not polut the air that bad how a bout a group of cows in a paddoc in oz the covermant is making every one with cows horses pay a carbon tax as thay fart and polut what is this world coming to i dont understand whay peaple let the coverment walk all over us all we have to do is stand up and say no not just a small group but every one befor its to l8t and we will get a fine for farting wald that mean we will have to pay a curbon tax for babys to gess us ozys dont live in a free country any more

im not getting in to this but i will say this america is only as free as we let it be if we want more regulation then set with our hands under our legs bit if you want more freedom stand up and be counted...........

Back