Will a trunk bike mount for car work with a motor bike?

Evh515093

Local time
11:25 PM
Will a simple trunk bike rack for a sedan from Walmart work on our motorized bikes? Or do you know if any specific ones that work? I have a 2020 toyota corolla se.

Neighbor of mine hauls a mountain bike on the back of an Altima and has no issues. It's the kind of bike rack that attaches with straps, must be secure his bike is still in one piece.

I much prefer a hitch rack. But if a trunk mount is the only option I would limit it to one MB since it weighs as much as 2 bikes.

if you have the budget, the way I transport my MAB is with a hitch mount (i drive a 2017 accord)

It's bout 150$ for the hitch and 20-40$ (used) for a nicer bike rack.

i wouldn't personally use the strap style as these bikes might be a bit heavy with everything on there (could damage the trunk area on a good-sized bump) as the hitch mount is mounted on the frame rather than some thin sheet metal.

figured 200lbs is more than enough for even the beefiest bikes.

I use a hitch mount. I wouldn't trust a trunk mount because of the extra weight of the motored bike. I just have too much time and money in my bike, not to mention the emotional involvement, to risk damaging or losing it because of a mount not designed to handle the extra weight.

Last edited:
Back