Will huasheng problems pop up right away?

About the only thing is the bearings, some have had them fail, but can be taken apart and changed................Curt

The engine bearings will last 2-3 times as long as the 2 stroke bearings because its an oil bath. The alcohol dilutes oil even more from what I’ve heard. I’d go for the huasheng if anything you can buy an extra transmission after you put a few hundred miles on it. You can buy 2 or possibly 3 huasheng engines for the cost of one Honda.

The engine bearings will last 2-3 times as long as the 2 stroke bearings because its an oil bath. The alcohol dilutes oil even more from what I’ve heard. I’d go for the huasheng if anything you can buy an extra transmission after you put a few hundred miles on it. You can buy 2 or possibly 3 huasheng engines for the cost of one Honda.
Is 200$ an ok deal? If I ride twice a week I could change the oil every month or sooner with synthetic. I can oil the chain every other ride or so. As far as the belt, how tight does it have to be?

I was talking about the trans. bearings, they have failed in the past, but not hard to change.

Is 200$ an ok deal? If I ride twice a week I could change the oil every month or sooner with synthetic. I can oil the chain every other ride or so. As far as the belt, how tight does it have to be?
Its a cog belt like timing belt, so just tight enough to work, snug............Curt

I know I was just telling him some advantages of the 4 stroke. The transmission bearings are under the clutch bell and the output sprocket I guess. If anything buy some SKF or Nachi and put those in from the start perch. That’s if you’re really worried about a failure. Like I said better options are available for the bell.

Yes! , but so much the clutch as the sprocket shaft. This is known as 4G trans and you should be able to get parts from bicycle engines co. ........Curt

Back