Will this be good?

Genesis29

Local time
2:35 PM
Will this oil be good for my engine? (2 stroke 80cc) Its either this or walmart brand..
I just want to know if this oil will hurt my engine.

2017-06-08-00-57-19-.jpg

I use the walmart oil, and I think that most oils are pretty much the same in low tech motors like this. One thing I do not recommend is any oil that doesn't have blue dye in it so one can tell at a glance if it was mixed at right strength.

Way too many times a bike comes in with clear fuel, and I have to dump the whole tank because I can't take a chance of running it with too little oil.

I use Amsoil dominator. It's a full synthetic at $11.00 a quart from Napa. Napa is 1 1/2 miles closer to me than walmart so I can get hardware and other stuff I need all at one spot. What you have seems to get good reviews from the dirt bike community, and while I would use a full synthetic I'm sure yours will work fine. People get really hung up on the oil choices. Just make sure to use enough. 6 ounces in the first gallon of gas then 4 ounces from then on.

I use Amsoil dominator. It's a full synthetic at $11.00 a quart from Napa. Napa is 1 1/2 miles closer to me than walmart so I can get hardware and other stuff I need all at one spot. What you have seems to get good reviews from the dirt bike community, and while I would use a full synthetic I'm sure yours will work fine. People get really hung up on the oil choices. Just make sure to use enough. 6 ounces in the first gallon of gas then 4 ounces from then on.

6oz in the first gallon?

I been reading to use 8oz in the first gallon, which is 16:1

Don't, I had that exact oil precisely, used it at 32:1 and it would keep chalking up on my 66cc, it builds up too easily in these small cool motors, if it was a 150 I could see the heat being enough to keep the carbon down. It also chalked up my plugs with soot constantly.

I have about 3/4 of I think a half gallon of it on my back porch if you want it. Pick up only.
2017-06-08 21.17.53.jpg

Edit: yep, half a gallon jug.

6oz in the first gallon?

I been reading to use 8oz in the first gallon, which is 16:1
Yes they say that, but it's bulls**t. It's pretty common practice, and from what I have read on this forum it's a fair consensus of 6 ozs. first gallon. Listen to Frankenstein on the the Castor 927. I've never used it, and experience speaks volumes.

Yes they say that, but it's bulls**t. It's pretty common practice, and from what I have read on this forum it's a fair consensus of 6 ozs. first gallon. Listen to Frankenstein on the the Castor 927. I've never used it, and experience speaks volumes.
Free to anyone who wants to spend an afternoon chiseling carbon out of their exhaust port. The most I'd use this for is... I don't know actually, I don't have anything I'd be willing to use it on.

Ive been saying I'd throw it out some day, just can't bring myself to toss out unused oil I guess, it's difficult to clean off too just keeps feeling oily, don't know how I can make use of it other than donating to somebody with a larger 2 stroke motor or playing a dirty trick on a friend hehehe...

Free to anyone who wants to spend an afternoon chiseling carbon out of their exhaust port. The most I'd use this for is... I don't know actually, I don't have anything I'd be willing to use it on.

Ive been saying I'd throw it out some day, just can't bring myself to toss out unused oil I guess, it's difficult to clean off too just keeps feeling oily, don't know how I can make use of it other than donating to somebody with a larger 2 stroke motor or playing a dirty trick on a friend hehehe...
Might be good for door hinges, or oiling cement forms.

Might be good for door hinges, or oiling cement forms.
I don't have weird cement figures or anything cement I wish to oil (wtf is that anyway.) I also don't know if that would last long on a squeaky door, always used 3 in 1 for that..

Maybe oiling gaskets before putting them on something? Putting rusty threaded parts together if I don't plan on putting thread lock on them...

Still annoying to clean and apparently more toxic than normal oil, maybe DuctTapedGoat would like it he seems to be down with the brain damaging types of additives..

Back