Your MB vs insane gas prices

$3.65 a gallon here and summer is still 2 full months away!

Who here is sporting the highest gas price???

Probably me...

Last night, Chevron gas prices were $4.35/gallon, up from the $4.18/gallon I paid when I filled my MB.

The 92 octane is $4.55/gallon.:sick:

My gas is a little cheaper was 350 yesterday now 375 a gallon i dont see gas going down ever again. Well my car is tore up so i dont half to buy much gas. I buy 2 gallons at a time And i buy my oil buy the gallon and keep a measure bottle . So im pretty much set and when i get my new 4 stroke in the next week or so. Iwont half to use that gas except in my china girl motors .And when bmp opens back up im gonna try to get one of theyre jack shaft kits and go that route.

$4.26.9, West side of Manhattan, the Mobile station at W14th and the West side Highway... its already here, we don't have to wait for the end of the summer.
All this talk about gas prices and mileage has me thinking about aerodynamics and wind drag.
Since I have the frontal area of a Ford van going in reverse, Ive been thinking about a wind deflector/windshield for the bars.
Hmmmmm....
BBB

Last edited:
dont feel bad buz im 210 and kinda wide myself i thought about a windshield but how would you go about it

We're at $3.85/gallon here in central Illinois.

The French "bike umbrella" is a neat idea for a gentle sprinkle. (though unnecessary even for that) But that's just not gonna do much good in a real storm. And think of your bike's handling in the wind!! It's liable to blow you right into traffic. Maybe even pick you up off the ground. Or, more likely, shatter into a thousand pieces.

Might be kinda fun to watch, though.

The gas prices aren't affecting me too terribly. My commute is only six miles. Same for my wife. We don't go far for personal travel. I bike more often than I drive, anyway.
So I'm kinda rooting for high gas prices. Hopefully it'll get some more of those other folks to use their cars less. It would be a better world with more bikes on the road.

Wind deflector/windshields

dont feel bad buz im 210 and kinda wide myself i thought about a windshield but how would you go about it

Well, I've been thinking about a headlight box/switch panel/wind deflector for some time now.
I could be made of thin stainless steel plate in 3 pieces.
The lower half folded to match the Vally of the handle bars, this part would hold the head light and electronics.
A switch panel, for a key and light switches and the upper panel that could form a wind deflector of a kind.
I'm mocking up possibilities out of card board first, I'll post as soon as I have something that doesn't look stupid.
BBB

$3.89 a gallon here in Buffalo!

I HAD A DREAM! We were the only ones out on the road! It was great, pleanty of room with no looking over my shoulder for the Cops! Like we were a third world country or something?

Wonderful France

1.48€ EUR a liter

1 US gallon = 3.78 liters

5.59€ EUR for 1 gallon

Current Exchange Rate
5.59€ EUR = $8.09 USD

Last edited by a moderator:
Back